Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbubbles View Post
thank you for the helpful links and articles. i am an avid calorie counter and usually will eat 1200 calories or slightly over that to lose weight. if I eat anymore then that I just seem to become stuck at the same weight. I check my weight on the scale regularly and this method is helping me to lose weight
As Tommodonohue said above its WHAT you eat that is important. Not just the amount of calories. You need two things:

1. Healthy Nutrition - If you are diligently working out and watching your calories as close as you say you are, you should take some of that same energy and focus and put it on learning how to properly FUEL your body. Just as you wouldnt (or shouldnt) put the lowest octane gas in your car, you shouldnt just put anything in your body. Higher octane makes for better performance in your car, and higher quality foods will make for ever BETTER performance in your body. When I say "higher quality" foods, I dont mean going organic or Whole Foods market route. I mean learning about proper NUTRITION not just eating low fat, non fat, no sugar, etc.

2. Weight/Resistance training - This is a complete no brainer. Its the absolute solution to your "getting flabby", "losing curves" and seeing MORE cellulite. This WILL cure what you say is your problems/ailments. Dont have weights or gym membership? Fine, do body weight exercises at high intensity - pushups, pullups, air squats, burpees, decline situps, do high speed sprints, etc.

Tommo, who is the gal in the blue shirt and grey pants in the pic? Can she train me? OP, that is a gal who obviously has the look of someone who has the right balance between eating right and strength training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
i only eat eggs or cereal for breakfast chicken breast with rice and veggies for dinner since i started losing weight. i dont think the protein is an issue
Actually it is, if you want to keep what muscle tone you have and build more during your exercise. I would do some circuit training on the weight machines at the gym. Ask the gym manager/trainer to help you set them light. You'll tone your muscles and your body will look better.

Kudos on the weightloss, but do it right so you won't get discouraged and gain the weight back!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM

13 posts, read 19,922 times
Tips:

- Cut out MEAT for at least 3 to 5 days to give your digestive tract time to work on ridding anything that has accumulated in your gut.
If you have to eat meat, lean chicken and fish.

- Instead of a pancake in the morning try eating whole grain cereals with fruit. Something high in fiber in the morning along with protein source
like egg whites. I heard starting your day with fruit only for breakfast in the morning will help you lose weight fast and keep you fuller throughout
the day.

- You may need to watch those little thing's that could be making you fat or retain water like butter , extra salt , fatty milk , soda pop , eating late at night etc.

- You also may need to tally up the amount calories you're eating per day in your head. Eating too much can make you gain weight but not eating enough can
keep you from losing weight. So if you feel the slightest hungry before the end of the day it may be because you didn't eat enough early in the day.
I think it may help to know how many calories you should be eating.

- Eat mostly fruits and vegetables, vegetables you most likely eat raw not cooked with the majority of your meals and/or snacks. This is the kind of fiber that
gets your belly flat and your bowels moving. Eat whole grains, lean protein and healthy fats.

- You can supposedly eat anything you want and still lose weight , so of course you don't have to restrict yourself, but only if you know you're not going to
OVEREAT anything you want.

- As far as exercising I think it's mandatory you get at least a one hour moderately intense workout in five days a week. If you do really intense workouts one
hour straight you risk losing your curves and it's possible you will not lose the weight any faster. But if you do moderate and intense one hour workout
intervals you will lose the weight faster. If you just don't have the time to workout for an hour , 30 minutes of intervals is fine.

- Make sure you take the time to do stretches before the workout and do long good stretches while breathing deeply after a workout. Trust me it's worth the time.

- When you're losing weight and exercising you need to support your body with everything it needs to keep it from stalling. You need to take a vitamin/mineral
supplement along with all the b vitamins , amino acid supplement, MSM or sulfur crystals but only use MSM that has the OptiMSM logo on it. And throw in
a probiotic supplement, only use the ones that are refrigerated and are contained in a dark glass bottle.

- Of course get 7-8 hours of sleep no questions asked.

- Last but not least make up your mind to commit. Don't say I will commit to this if you know somewhere in your head you will not. Do not stress or worry about
anything , easier said than done right? Well it's easy if you make it a habit. Anything can become easy if you practice it. Don't focus on making losing weight
difficult. Don't do anything that will potentially sabotage your efforts or discourage you like getting on the scale daily to check your progress. Remember any
little improvement is better than none so you should appreciate that. All you need to do is keep it simple, make some adjustments other than what you were
doing before , be happy and go on with your life.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:44 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
"Make sure you take the time to do stretches before the workout and do long good stretches while breathing deeply after a workout. Trust me it's worth the time."

No need to stretch before a workout. Just warm up. Stretching cold muscles is a no-no.
I agree with stretching afterwards. I am also a huge fan of the foam roller. That can be used before and and after exercising.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times
Julia Rohde vs. Maria De La Puente EC 2008 - Video Dailymotion

Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 PM

13 posts, read 19,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
"Make sure you take the time to do stretches before the workout and do long good stretches while breathing deeply after a workout. Trust me it's worth the time."

No need to stretch before a workout. Just warm up. Stretching cold muscles is a no-no.
I agree with stretching afterwards. I am also a huge fan of the foam roller. That can be used before and and after exercising.

It is best to stretch before a workout and after. Of course you're suppose to warm up and keep the stretches short and gentle before a workout and after, like I said, do long good stretches.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green baby View Post
It is best to stretch before a workout and after. Of course you're suppose to warm up and keep the stretches short and gentle before a workout and after, like I said, do long good stretches.
Warm up before exercise and stretch after..

Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green baby View Post
Tips:

- Cut out MEAT for at least 3 to 5 days to give your digestive tract time to work on ridding anything that has accumulated in your gut.
If you have to eat meat, lean chicken and fish.

- Instead of a pancake in the morning try eating whole grain cereals with fruit. Something high in fiber in the morning along with protein source
like egg whites. I heard starting your day with fruit only for breakfast in the morning will help you lose weight fast and keep you fuller throughout
the day.

- You may need to watch those little thing's that could be making you fat or retain water like butter , extra salt , fatty milk , soda pop , eating late at night etc.

- You also may need to tally up the amount calories you're eating per day in your head. Eating too much can make you gain weight but not eating enough can
keep you from losing weight. So if you feel the slightest hungry before the end of the day it may be because you didn't eat enough early in the day.
I think it may help to know how many calories you should be eating.

- Eat mostly fruits and vegetables, vegetables you most likely eat raw not cooked with the majority of your meals and/or snacks. This is the kind of fiber that
gets your belly flat and your bowels moving. Eat whole grains, lean protein and healthy fats.

- You can supposedly eat anything you want and still lose weight , so of course you don't have to restrict yourself, but only if you know you're not going to
OVEREAT anything you want.

- As far as exercising I think it's mandatory you get at least a one hour moderately intense workout in five days a week. If you do really intense workouts one
hour straight you risk losing your curves and it's possible you will not lose the weight any faster. But if you do moderate and intense one hour workout
intervals you will lose the weight faster. If you just don't have the time to workout for an hour , 30 minutes of intervals is fine.

- Make sure you take the time to do stretches before the workout and do long good stretches while breathing deeply after a workout. Trust me it's worth the time.

- When you're losing weight and exercising you need to support your body with everything it needs to keep it from stalling. You need to take a vitamin/mineral
supplement along with all the b vitamins , amino acid supplement, MSM or sulfur crystals but only use MSM that has the OptiMSM logo on it. And throw in
a probiotic supplement, only use the ones that are refrigerated and are contained in a dark glass bottle.

- Of course get 7-8 hours of sleep no questions asked.

- Last but not least make up your mind to commit. Don't say I will commit to this if you know somewhere in your head you will not. Do not stress or worry about
anything , easier said than done right? Well it's easy if you make it a habit. Anything can become easy if you practice it. Don't focus on making losing weight
difficult. Don't do anything that will potentially sabotage your efforts or discourage you like getting on the scale daily to check your progress. Remember any
little improvement is better than none so you should appreciate that. All you need to do is keep it simple, make some adjustments other than what you were
doing before , be happy and go on with your life.
What I find wrong with this is you say things like, "supposedly" and "I heard". Not much of this information coming from credible experience or facts...

Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 PM

207 posts, read 566,129 times
Quote:
thank you. i dont belong to a gym at this moment but i will research the weight lifting
It's good to hear that you are exercising. Honestly you don't really have to join a gym. Get yourself some dumbells...varying weights... 5, 10, 12, 15.

Google dumbells exercises to do at home.

Squats and lunges are 2 of the best leg exercises you can do. You can start by just using your own body weight before you add weights.

Good luck and keep with it.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM

All kinds of useless information in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness