Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

My beef with the place is that it allows people to not see progress. I am far from a big guy, there are always guys who lift a ton more than me and when I go and see someone bigger than me, I don't go in a corner and cry and wish I had a gym where everyone else was fat. I look at the guy and say I want to get like that and I work out harder. People who are fit and in shape are very rare the guys who are mean, I have found the most bitter people rude people ARE the fat people. They end up being jealous and find ways to look down or be mean to the people who are in shape. Just look at these messageboards and see the things people on here say about good looking people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 AM

While I find the PF ads extremely funny, imagine other ads saying "no fat people allowed" or instead of the big strong guy they push out the back door, it was a fat person. People would be up in flames about that and shouting out discrimination and whatever else you might think of. The double standards out there are pathetic.

I find it funny, but I'd also find it funny if it was a fat person because I'm rarely offended. Try to imagine that guy in the video is fat, then try to imagine the public's view of it and how they'd react. I bet it would be different.

I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN COMMERCIAL - YouTube

Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down by the River View Post
Your first post is mocking gym members and your second post is saying nobody mocks gym members. And if they did they would be real jerks.
Ok, I get it. Your admitting to be a real jerk.
exactly. Look at some of the posts in this thread alone, and you quickly get the whole picture.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
My beef with the place is that it allows people to not see progress. I am far from a big guy, there are always guys who lift a ton more than me and when I go and see someone bigger than me, I don't go in a corner and cry and wish I had a gym where everyone else was fat. I look at the guy and say I want to get like that and I work out harder. People who are fit and in shape are very rare the guys who are mean, I have found the most bitter people rude people ARE the fat people. They end up being jealous and find ways to look down or be mean to the people who are in shape. Just look at these messageboards and see the things people on here say about good looking people.
Looking like a meathead is hardly good looking. pretty much evryone i know is compeltely repulsed by meathead look. Why would you aspire to look like someone else, when it isnt even midly attractive?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Looking like a meathead is hardly good looking. pretty much evryone i know is compeltely repulsed by meathead look. Why would you aspire to look like someone else, when it isnt even midly attractive?

I think the fat look is repulsive, why would someone be lazy enough to get like that?

You don't have to look like a complete meathead and by working out hard doesn't mean you'll look like one.

Either way, most out of shape people use that as an excuse to feel better about themselves because they're too lazy or uncoordinated to even get a remotely decent body.

My post wasn't about looking exactly like them, but those people whether you want to admit it or not are in top shape.. and that could definitely be inspiration. I guess something like that went waaaay over your head but I guess that's to be expected.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:49 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
Quote:
I think the fat look is repulsive, why would someone be lazy enough to get like that?

You don't have to look like a complete meathead and by working out hard doesn't mean you'll look like one.

Either way, most out of shape people use that as an excuse to feel better about themselves because they're too lazy or uncoordinated to even get a remotely decent body.

My post wasn't about looking exactly like them, but those people whether you want to admit it or not are in top shape.. and that could definitely be inspiration. I guess something like that went waaaay over your head but I guess that's to be expected.
That guy in the video is so big and ripped he waddles sort of like an obese person. Most fit people don't want to look up to or strive for that at all (except maybe for some insecure small guys).

Old 05-03-2012, 12:55 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot, fat people who need silence and don't want to break a sweat aren't dbags, but someone who wants to work out hard is a dbag. My bad.
Not at all. Working out is great, but doesn't mean you should be all judgemental. Don't worry about what overweight people are doing in or out of your almighty gym.

Quote:
I look at the guy and say I want to get like that and I work out harder.
Can't you just have your own goals and not try to be someone else?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
its bad to call people fat but because that guy has a lot of muscle its ok to call him a "meathead." because gyms are full of 250lb guys with 3% bodyfat that laugh at everyone else in the gym.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its bad to call people fat but because that guy has a lot of muscle its ok to call him a "meathead." because gyms are full of 250lb guys with 3% bodyfat that laugh at everyone else in the gym.
see, i knew we would agree on something eventualy.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
That guy in the video is so big and ripped he waddles sort of like an obese person. Most fit people don't want to look up to or strive for that at all (except maybe for some insecure small guys).

The fact that that's all you could take out of my entire post really shows that you don't have much more brains up there than that guy. But once again, keep up with your stereotypes, at least it'll help you sleep at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness