Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 AM

170 posts, read 322,931 times

Advertisements

Crazy creepy men who keep asking you out. Or else the fact that my gym stinks 24/7... Nothing better than dried-up sweat and dead skunk smell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 AM

1,855 posts, read 3,608,033 times
Jackasses who insist on training when they are sick is another one. There's nothing worse than some bozo sneezing and hacking on the machine next to you.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 PM

810 posts, read 1,807,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerWoodsLibido View Post
CURLS IN THE GAT DANG SQUAT RACK!

If you do this, I wish horrible things on you, and your small children. HOW DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW INCONSIDERATE THIS IS? Guys who actually do squats (and that number diminishes every year) are lucky to find a gym with two measly squat racks, and you want to hog one of them doing your gay ***** curls?

My guess is you DO realize it's obnoxious, but you're just so DAMN lazy you're willing to be "that guy" to keep from having to bend over another foot to pick your curl bar off the floor.
UGH. I think they do it because, to them, they perceive doing curls on the squat rack (or power cage) as, "YEAH! I AM CURLING WITH AN OLYMPIC BAR! I AM SUCH A BADAZZZZZZZZ!!!!!."

No, you're not cool, now shut up and squat.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
We have a small gym where I work, free for any employees. There are several fold up type mats that I use for bridges, planks, etc. I went in to work out, and all of the mats were in use--not by people exercising, but people lying on the floor watching TV. That was annoying.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:05 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
UGH. I think they do it because, to them, they perceive doing curls on the squat rack (or power cage) as, "YEAH! I AM CURLING WITH AN OLYMPIC BAR! I AM SUCH A BADAZZZZZZZZ!!!!!."

No, you're not cool, now shut up and squat.
I hate people who say "Shut up and squat". Typical macho bull**** from people who think going to the gym makes them tough.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
I hate people who say "Shut up and squat". Typical macho bull**** from people who think going to the gym makes them tough.
But that's what a squat cage is for. Squatting. Do your curls somewhere else!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,481 times
I have mixed feelings about the whole issue of doing barbell curls on the squat rack. I usually don't do that mostly because I don't train my biceps at the gym but when I do my rule is that I will use the squat rack for curl only if there are other squat racks available for others to use and and the area where the curl bars are is too crowded. The power cage is however a little more flexible since it is not exclusively a squat rack but rather a multiple exercise structure, still even the power cage itself is to me a little too much for just curls so I do my best to leave it available to those who want to do heavy duty exercises where starting the movement by getting the weight off the floor is not practical or possible

Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM

503 posts, read 771,871 times
Default Score 1 for PF

Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone | Fox News

Apparently she was a "repeat offender" LOL

Old 03-04-2013, 03:24 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,980,987 times
Another thing which annoys me is when people go to the gym when they are sick !!!

I heard several people coughing when I was there on Friday ... and sure enough ... I got a cold myself this weekend.

Don't they realize they are spreading germs on every machine they touch?

Last edited by RD5050; 03-04-2013 at 03:35 PM..

Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Unless taking a phone call is going to literally save someone's life, NO ONE needs to be talking on one while working out. Why is it so hard for some people to be away from their cell phone for any period of time? Newsflash...You are not that important!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness