Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 04:10 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,115,860 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I´m an old timer here and just returned after 2 years of AWOL. Been a lot happening in my life and I decided to try Insanity, is there anyone else here using it? What do you think of it?

I still run 5k every night, I find the drier climate here much healthier than when I was in Scotland.

And i´ve just spelled program wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 06:10 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
There's a co-worker who's used Insanity recently. He had let himself get out of shape. But he's very young (under 20), and highly disciplined, and even higher motivated (his dad's a boxer).

I wouldn't recommend Insanity for someone who merely wants to lose weight.

However based on the amazing changes I've seen in my co-worker, I'd highly recommend it for someone who's returning to a previous level of fitness and already knows how to maintain that previous level (but who has just fallen by the wayside for a time).

In only two months he went from being adorable, fluffy, pudgy, teddy-bear snuggly kind of sweet, to cheek-pinching but hard-muscled, broad-shouldered, burly teddy-bear protective kind of sweet.

He's gonna make some bride a gorgeous cake-topper some day. He's a pretty amazing kid but I don't see this kind of self-discipline and motivation among most adults, let alone kids his age.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 AM

I have it and I am enjoying it, I am into month 2 and I can see the differences in my body. My dad was a semi-pro kick boxer in the past and i´ve always been into "fitness" and running.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,631 times
I've done it twice and I still can't complete all of the exercises. Even the people in the video can't. It's hard but definitely worth the investment.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
I've done it twice and I still can't complete all of the exercises. Even the people in the video can't. It's hard but definitely worth the investment.

I totally agree 100%

Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
I am doing Insanity along with P90x. I'm only doing the 'cardio' focused workouts. They are an absolute killer! I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to get back in shape. Just remember to take breaks when you need to..eventually you will build up your endurance.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:17 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,969,171 times
I have been doing insanity for the part couple months. Honestly, I stopped counting the days, but still do it because I like it that much. I've definitely seen improvements, and been a basketball player I've really seen improvments in my vertical and quickness.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,817 times
Ain't nothin wrong with it for the casual exercise/want to get in shape person. Besides maybe that, the people in the video are either encouraging or discouraging based on their physical looks. I would recommend it over a personal trainer.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:17 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I have never used Insanity, but I have done P90X. From what I've read about Insanity, that is much more catered toward the people looking to lose weight and less towards bulking. Insanity really does seem like a crazy workout, and I have a hard time believing that anyone could go through that and not see results.

P90X was great, but I did it in a time of laziness and I didn't stick to it at the time to really show results, but from the amount of work and effort it takes.. my god it'll give you results haha. I think instanity might even be tougher than P90x in regards to cardio work.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Yes it's insane. Shawn T is very easy to listen to, most DVDs are very hard to tolerate but this one is fun to do in a strange way. Its very difficult. Unless you are eating volumes of food you will get results. I highly recommend.

Also plan on sweating a lot. I don't sweat easily but whenever I've done an insanity workout I am drenched. It's geared to people who are in decent/average shape to start with, it's not for beginners. If you're curious try it and see for yourself!

Last edited by moonsavvy; 06-16-2012 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness