Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:38 PM

224 posts, read 825,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Is there is a special test for testosterone? I will definitely ask my doctor in my next physical.

It is not entirely butt fat though. It is muscle and fat.
Just ask for a testosterone level blood test. I would seriously request tests for estrogen, estradiol, progesterone & pregnenolone also. Might want to research any lotions and soaps you use or natural products...things like tea tree oil and lavender are phytoestrogens and will screw up your hormones. Same with soy avoid soy at all cost!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 AM

4,629 posts, read 4,918,311 times
Quote:
I don't eat junk food (maybe pizza but i take most of the cheese off). I mostly eat whole grain items (brown rice, pasta, bread), veggies, fruits, a variety of legumes, and chicken. I drink mostly water, tropicana orange juice, the occasional ginger ale soda. No coffee, alcohol, beer, etc. Also, I don't eat meat everyday, maybe once or twice a week.

The issue is that last year (Mid-April) i lost my job and i immediately cancelled anything luxuries expenses (eg:high speed internet, gym, meetup events, tidday bars, etc). I went into a depression during my unemployment and i didn't do any at home exercises. Hence, the weight gain. Remarkably, i didn't lost my physique. I am a natural exerciser. I don't take protein shakes, whey, creatine, etc. I gain a little weight on my butt and midsection but nothing major. I feel if i start and commit to an exercise regimen i would lose the weight. I am just concern on the butt. I don't want to increase it but reduce it and tone it. Having a big butt for a dude is somewhat feminine.

Thankfully, I was able to get a new job this past Jan 2012. Sadly, i am still trying to kick this depression. I joined a great state of the art gym. It has the works (kettlebells, tires, ropes, machines, free-weights, etc)
I would run some 50-yard sprints, 100 percent effort, twice a week, if you're not already doing so, Kal.

Your diet, does it keep you full, or are you usually hungry soon after meals? How often do you eat/snack?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:38 AM

76 posts, read 149,654 times
In my experience women like fit man with a nice butt (i.e. non flat one), so there is a good chance it will actually work in your favor once you achieve your weight goal. Once you start loosing fat your butt will go down in size as well, if your butt is big now, then it will probably still remain somewhat nice and perky after all said and done, so it will be just an added bonus for the ladies. Don't worry about it and just keep exercising.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,672,328 times
If you have a stocky build your are always going to have a meaty backside. I agree to just get the fat percentage down for the priority. Maybe back off the heavy weights for your butt area. If it starts to look flabby, bring it back.
Heavy weights add bulk. Frequent training with less weight on those areas will be less likely to bulk muscle while maintaining what you have.

I would:
- Pick a diet change that results in fat loss - I suggest zig zag style calorie cuts and lower carb
- lay off the heavy weights for that area
- burn calories and tone the area with a resistance bike

Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,480,423 times
Building mussel adds to your weight,
because they weigh more than fat by volume.

This is why people who do a lot of heavy work outs
as they loose fat they are also gaining weight, by
adding mussel, and they get frustrated because they
cant loose the pounds even though the fat is coming off.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:15 PM

22,573 posts, read 24,376,202 times
Try the dealy where the put the needle into you.....then vacuum the fattiness away..........hypersecretion?????

Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 AM

455 posts, read 648,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Try the dealy where the put the needle into you.....then vacuum the fattiness away..........hypersecretion?????
WTF are you talking about?

Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,115,173 times
Quote:
WTF are you talking about?
liposuction? IDK

Old 07-02-2012, 04:54 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,509,196 times
Quote:
I am 5'8 180 lbs. I have a medium stocky build. Broad shoulders, developed back, chest and arms. The problem that i am having is that my butt is somewhat big. I do squats and deadlifts and these exercises pretty much work the glutes. I am trying to lose weight since 180 and it's too much for my height. My goal is 160 min weight to 167 max weight. I am aware that spot reduction is not possible but what exercise do i avoid in order not to grow the glutes even more than they are now.
Focus on cardio and stretching so the muscle doesn't bulk up.

And remember, there is nothing wrong with "ballroom" butt on a guy. Just learn to dance!

Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM

11,191 posts, read 9,007,370 times
Would lunges and squatting reduce a butt? I would like to tone it as i also have the same issue as the OP. Not really cool to have a big butt when you are a dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness