Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

We have an elderly couple that come in in full (high ticket) workout gear with towels around their shoulders. They walk around, look at each machine, spend about 30 seconds each on the recumbent bike, then leave. Their routine is so predictable that it's true comedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What is with people who go to the gym, and basically just hang like a lump? Why even bother? Woman tonight in Zumba, was just standing there. No effort at all. Does she think just going to the gym is the workout?

Okay, not to be rude (you know it will be) but why do people NOT in shape wear tight clothes? Stop. There really needs to be a weight limit on spandex clothing.... Just saying...
Not in the gym, but around my neighborhood there is a couple who go for a stroll every morning--2.5-3 mph type of stroll. He wears cut off sweatpants and a t-shirt, she wears a sports bra with matching boy shorts--no shirt. I forgot to mention that she is about 5'4, and a solid 225 pounds. OK, it's actually not so solid...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
There's a girl at our gym who speed walks backward on the treadmill.
That's actually kind of cool! I couldn't do it--I'd fall off and then I'm sure someone would see it and post to this thread about the crazy person who got so tangled up in the gym equipment that the fire department had to come and cut her out.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Well not long ago I was one of 4 men sitting in the hot tub at LA Fitness when an Asian lady got in and pushed her crotch up against the jets. She then proceeded to pull the bottom of her suit back so the spray would hit her direct. Then one of the guys says;
"Hey, this is not a hoochie bath". True story. I heard a few days after that the same lady brought her two children into the tub with a bar of soap to bath them, and was yelled at by management. No one has seen her since.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:14 PM

650 posts, read 1,812,186 times
One time I just got to the gym and proceeded into the men's locker room. There was a naked guy sitting on a bench reading a newspaper. I ignore him, get dressed and go do my workout. An hour later when I return, same guy is still there sitting naked and reading his newspaper. My goodness, just go home and read!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 PM

650 posts, read 1,812,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4 View Post

also at my gym, there is a sign on the sauna. i am not gay but if i was, i would enjoy the amount of sex that goes on there. the sign put up by the manager says the following:

"this sauna is for personal health use only. please members, let us try to keep everything in order and not to do other things."

this is a gym in new york city. i find it hilarious.
Yeah man I've belonged to NYSC, 24 Hour Fitness, and a bunch of private gyms around NYC. I always stay away from the sauna because it seems like every gym has the same problem with gay sex going on back there.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Default Funny story

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Well not long ago I was one of 4 men sitting in the hot tub at LA Fitness when an Asian lady got in and pushed her crotch up against the jets. She then proceeded to pull the bottom of her suit back so the spray would hit her direct. Then one of the guys says;
"Hey, this is not a hoochie bath". True story. I heard a few days after that the same lady brought her two children into the tub with a bar of soap to bath them, and was yelled at by management. No one has seen her since.
Man, shut up! Most funny, I literally feel out of my seat.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Man, shut up! Most funny, I literally feel out of my seat.
Oh no, it is a true story. I do not really believe it was a form of masterbation but rather her way of douching. This particular gym is located in a very diverse area with a lot of foreigners. Often see foreign men swimming in underwear instead of bathing suits, and I mean tighty whities. Have even seen occasions where both sexes do not read english, and walk into the wrong locker room from the pool area, in which the first thing they stumble upon is the showers before realizing their in the wrong place.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Default Stop!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Oh no, it is a true story. I do not really believe it was a form of masterbation but rather her way of douching. This particular gym is located in a very diverse area with a lot of foreigners. Often see foreign men swimming in underwear instead of bathing suits, and I mean tighty whities. Have even seen occasions where both sexes do not read english, and walk into the wrong locker room from the pool area, in which the first thing they stumble upon is the showers before realizing their in the wrong place.
Your killing me! There is no way this gym exists. If so, you need to record this stuff for America's funniest video. Crazy!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Your killing me! There is no way this gym exists. If so, you need to record this stuff for America's funniest video. Crazy!
Oh, it exists and it is in a neighborhood surrounded by Russians, Africans and Asians. It is an LA Fitness. I am employed for a college athletic program so I work out on campus, but go to the LA Fitness to shoot hoops and hang with friends in the pool area a couple days a week. And yes I see strange things almost every time I am there. Seems to be more immigrants then American born there at times. But I am all good with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness