Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times

Advertisements

Strange guy in Zumba class -- wearing tight white short short inappropriate shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 10:44 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
How about this one. A guy doing concentration dumbell curls with one hand while using his other hand to hold his his cellphone while he talks.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
What are some of the things you see at your gym that could be considered strange or goofy by at least a significant number of people. Let's have a laugh here folks. I will throw in the first weird one I have seen an old man build a tower with aerobics steps just to train his forearms, I have some more but I want participation so bring it on.

We have an older Asian woman that likes to lay on any machine with a bench (seated leg press seems to be her current favorite), close her eyes, hang her arms off the edges, and flop them. She'll do this for a good 15-30 mins, and, no, she doesn't care that you're waiting for that machine.

Oh, and I find it hilarious when women walk around the locker room with a towel only around their waist, as if securing it around their top (as most people do) would have been too much trouble. Note: It's typically the women with new breast jobs that do this, and in large quantities in SoCal. I'm happy to report I've never seen anyone do it at gyms outside of SoCal.

The ones that kill me are the ones that step outside for a cigarette then return to working out (although, I can't talk. When I first switched to AM workouts, you can bet I was on that treadmill with my eyes closed and with an espresso in my treadmill cup holder lol).

Old 07-30-2012, 12:53 PM

12 posts, read 32,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I love this one ,the man who wears exactly the same shirt and shorts everytime he goes to the gym. He must be doing laundry just about everyday or maybe he doesn't wash then for a month. Damn
Same thing at my gym. A guy wears the same Alaska t-shirt everyday. I'm not sure if he has 5 of the same shirts.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
My gym has a lot of people working out in scrubs (a big hospital is pretty close by). No clue if they are leaving work or going to work. Hopefully they are headed home.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:45 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My gym has a lot of people working out in scrubs (a big hospital is pretty close by). No clue if they are leaving work or going to work. Hopefully they are headed home.
Ick. I'm told I'm germaphobic (I don't think I am, but others do - I simply get sick easily so I try to be mindful), so scrubs to me equates to germs if they've just left the hospital (and there's no way to know).

I think that is equally as gross as those that ride their bikes to work then change into office clothes without a shower. Meh. Some days one quad in our office smells like gym shoes from said bike rider. Really? lol

Old 07-30-2012, 03:06 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
I saw some guy get all "caught up" in a zipper accident the other day.

I almost felt sorry for him, but he was zipping up jean shorts.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times
A guy works out in Green Converse shoes. He looks like a Leprechaun.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:46 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,752,886 times
1. The old gym that I went to there was a man there in his 40s-50s about 5'5'' and the same size around. After his work out he would be in the shower and he would call for his teen son to come in the shower and give him a towel, and would have a lengthy conversation with him
2. The guy who would hop out of the shower, put his flip flops on and maybe his shirt and nothing else and walk around doing his hair, shaving (while his junk was rubbing against the counter top)
3. The old weird guy who rode the bus to the gym, would bring his suit case with heavey duty caster wheels duct taped to the bottom, and would wear either boots wrapped in duct tape or sandels wraped in duct tape with overs sized insoles, and what ever he couldn't fit in the suit case he would wear in the middle of the summer. He would open his suite case take his clothes to the sink and start washing them take a shower hang out in the locker room most of the day. I never seen him work out. I talked to one of the guys behind the counter and they said he has a basic membership and uses the gym as a place to take a shower.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:44 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,558 times
A 9-months pregnant woman working out on the elliptical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness