Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:27 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times

Advertisements

I don't think it would bother me.

I once had a buddy who was about to "get busy" with a girl who had recently had a kid, though, and he was so turned off by the stretch marks that he got dressed and left. There was no relationship involved, she was just a neighbor/casual acquaintance who invited him back to her place one night after drinking a few beers in the common area of their apartment complex.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:46 PM

254 posts, read 341,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post
If she had a nice face, yes. A great personality, yes.
Okay, just wanted specifically ask about that.

Thanks for the honest feedback

Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I don't think it would bother me.

I once had a buddy who was about to "get busy" with a girl who had recently had a kid, though, and he was so turned off by the stretch marks that he got dressed and left. There was no relationship involved, she was just a neighbor/casual acquaintance who invited him back to her place one night after drinking a few beers in the common area of their apartment complex.
While I understand it creeps some guys out, I have to wonder what these same guys think of the fact that probably their own mothers gained a few of those while they were pregnant with them?? Again... that's my logic at work with stuff like that. I know my mom gained quite a few stretch marks when she was preggers with my brother and he's so hateful to her about them whenever her shirt accidently rides up to the point I want to smack him. It's disrespectful IMO. He fails to realize, like most people (men and women) a lot of us get them because we were carrying around a human life.

But again, that's only my humble opinion.

I am very glad that you seem to personally be a better person than that to not let it bother you. Kudos to you!

Thank you for sharing.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
She just needs to hide the stomach - which really does look undesirable - and disrobe after making a real connection with a man rather than jumping in the sack willy nilly. In addition to the bad stomach she has an undesirable hip to waist ratio. It's all about camouflage. In the end she is better off at this lower weight, extra skin or not.
Question: What if she wants to go to the beach and doesn't want to hide her body she's worked super hard for, in clothes that are going to make her feel ashamed (or like a roasting chicken in an oven)? Should she just hide them because strangers (like you for example) say that she needs to hide them because they "really do look undesirable?"

I find that women are usually a lot more harsh about stretch marks on women than men are. Do you think that is true?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:59 PM

370 posts, read 654,316 times
I have stretch marks on the side of my stomach too, they are very minimal but I hate them.
I had them when I lost so much weight in a short period of time over a decade ago, I lost like 23 lbs.
My partners never complained but it makes me feel uncomfortable. I am insecure about it. But I can imagine men being grossed out about it since men are visual beings. They are all about being pleased visually then they consider personality etcera.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:09 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
She just needs to hide the stomach - which really does look undesirable -
Perhaps to you, it does. But someone who is interested in developing a relationship with this person may not even notice, or accept her as is (no warranty) and not care.

Quote:
disrobe after making a real connection with a man rather than jumping in the sack willy nilly.
Good advice for any woman, not just one who may have stretch marks across her belly.

Quote:
In addition to the bad stomach she has an undesirable hip to waist ratio. It's all about camouflage. In the end she is better off at this lower weight, extra skin or not.
Undesirable to whom? You? Do you think there are no men out there who would find the woman in this picture attractive?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:24 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
While I understand it creeps some guys out, I have to wonder what these same guys think of the fact that probably their own mothers gained a few of those while they were pregnant with them?? Again... that's my logic at work with stuff like that. I know my mom gained quite a few stretch marks when she was preggers with my brother and he's so hateful to her about them whenever her shirt accidently rides up to the point I want to smack him. It's disrespectful IMO. He fails to realize, like most people (men and women) a lot of us get them because we were carrying around a human life.

But again, that's only my humble opinion.

I am very glad that you seem to personally be a better person than that to not let it bother you. Kudos to you!

Thank you for sharing.
I should point out that my friend's experience was several years ago when we were in our early 20s. I can't say that for certain that I wouldn't have reacted the same way he did back then (although I never was one for random one-nighters so I probably wouldn't have been in that situation anyway); conversely I doubt that he would react that way if the same thing happened today.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,084 times
I don't care at all if a woman has stretch marks or not. The fact that they are into fitness and dedicated into staying in shape is more than enough for me.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 PM

18 posts, read 35,510 times
Great question for debate! Although I am married, I was single at one time and I can tell you that the person with the pic on the right would get my attention before the one on the left. However, it would all come down to personality and how much we had in common as to rather or not the relationship continued. I am fit and very active so she would have to be someone who could keep up, make me laugh, and was great in bed. Stretch marks don't show up that much when the lights are down low and I would respect her greatly for the effort she made to lose the weight to begin with!

Old 07-27-2012, 03:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
better stretch marks than a waddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness