Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM

254 posts, read 341,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
Why even worry if men find stretch marks unattractive? If you want to lose weight, do it for you. Why worry about something that you have NO control over?
That's what I am currently doing and I'm doing it for me.

The question of this topic was to address fears that I'm about to face as I head back into the dating pool as a slimmer person. That's why I asked it.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
I have stretch marks. They're bad. BAD. BAAAAD. - I would never wear something in public that showed them off. Clothing should accentuate your GOOD features, not show off your less than stellar ones.

I think they're gross and I am ashamed of them. But I can't do anything about them.

They don't bother my husband... heck, they're his fault! Still wants me. Even makes noises when seeing me naked, indicating his pleasure with what he is viewing. When he climbs into bed and I am naked, he knows he is gettin' some - and my stretch marks are the LAST thing on his mind.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I have stretch marks. They're bad. BAD. BAAAAD. - I would never wear something in public that showed them off. Clothing should accentuate your GOOD features, not show off your less than stellar ones.

I think they're gross and I am ashamed of them. But I can't do anything about them.

They don't bother my husband... heck, they're his fault! Still wants me. Even makes noises when seeing me naked, indicating his pleasure with what he is viewing. When he climbs into bed and I am naked, he knows he is gettin' some - and my stretch marks are the LAST thing on his mind.
Hahaha I love how you and your husband don't let them get in the way of your intimacy time.

Thank you for sharing!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
OP,

I have been in the same situation (losing weight and worrying about stretch marks). I decided that I didn't lose the weight just to hate my body all over again. And most men should be used to them. As someone else said, even skinny women get them from puberty.

If a man or anyone else hates your loose skin, tell them to pay for the surgery.

And the ignore feature is your friend. Some people thrive on attention. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
OP,

I have been in the same situation (losing weight and worrying about stretch marks). I decided that I didn't lose the weight just to hate my body all over again. And most men should be used to them. As someone else said, even skinny women get them from puberty.

If a man or anyone else hates your loose skin, tell them to pay for the surgery.

And the ignore feature is your friend. Some people thrive on attention. Don't give them the satisfaction.
Thank you

And thank you for sharing your advice/feedback. I appriecate it!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Yes we know, you are the one man on the planet who is happy to date an obese wilderbeast so long as she has a great personality.
Laughs. You do realize why I posed the questions I did, right? I am only trying to underscore to you that your statements are your opinion. They are neither right, nor wrong. They are relevant to you, irrelevant to the real world. Yet you speak them as though the clouds have parted and women everywhere who have stretch marks on their bellies must bow down and conform to your divine will.

So, if I were the only one, how do you explain so many guys walking around with women whom you would consider to be an "obese wildebeest?" Look at it from an economic standpoint. An economist would argue that nobody does something willingly if they believe they have a choice for a better option. In terms of dating and attraction, there are always other options. So I am definitely not the only man on the planet who would rather date an "obese wildebeest" with a great personality. I may be one of the only ones to admit it here on this forum, but plenty of men do so every day in public locations everywhere across the U.S.A. It happens every time you see a guy walking happily along with his "obese wildebeest."

Furthermore, I will make it abundantly clear now as I have in the past. I think that a beautiful woman can be found in any shape, size or ethnicity. I have dated across so many body types and ethnicities for one plain and simple reason: I think women are gorgeous. And they do not have to fit a certain physical description for me to think so. So then, if I think that a woman of any ethnicity and body type is gorgeous, the trick then becomes to meet someone whose personality I find to be compatible with that of my own. This is not rocket science, it's actually pretty basic.

Personality matters.

I don't know you, what you look like, how old you are, married, single, kids, no kids, educated, not educated, etc...I don't really care about any of that, either. And I generally try to refrain from making judgments about another person who sits at the other end of an internet conversation. You may be a sweet and loving person in person. But the person we meet as manifest from your keyboard to our screens is a mean, bitter and hateful person. An "obese wildebeest" personality-wise.

Personality matters. Over the long haul, it matters even more than physical attraction. Physical beauty fades with age, and nobody can stop the clock. What are you left with at that point? In your case, I fear not much.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:19 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
I have a legitimate question for all single guys on the forum:

If you had met a girl who went from big, then worked out really hard and slimmed down, but she had a horribly stretched out stomach due to stretch marks of having kids (or just getting big), would you still date her? Or would you turn her away? Or would you in passing (and non-aggressively) recommend that she get a tummy tuck surgery. Would you still date her if she couldn't afford such a surgery or elected not to?

As far as I am concerned, I've encountered a lot of men who vary on the opinion and it tends to go 50/50.

So I'm uploading an example pic so you see what I mean.

I'm genuinely not starting this thread for some sort of fight, so don't start fighting or nit picking. It's a legit question because I know a lot of women (including myself) who as we work out to slim down and lose weight, this is one of the biggest hurdles we're scared of encountering.

Thanks for any feedback.

P.S. I grabbed this photo off a weight loss website, and removed her face and website tags for the purposes of this person's privacy. Again, it's only an example pic so you can see what I'm talking about.
I know your post addressed men, but I'm a woman, and while I don't have the situation you're describing, I have friends that are moms (or lost a lot of weight too fast) that do. They're gorgeous women, have no trouble finding desirable men, and are happy with how they look.

But, if someone wasn't comfortable with it, there's always surgery, lasers, etc. At the end of the day, it's not about other people. You need to be happy with you.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Better stretch marks than fat.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:03 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
OK... I think OP got her answers.
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness