Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,880,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
It works but that all depends on your definition of what "works" is. It will get you cut, pack on muscle, and form abs but don't expect to look like a bodybuilder at the end of the program. The biggest downside to P90X IMO is the time commitment, the workouts take over an hour easily and some like the Yoga X take an 1hr. 20 mins. to complete.
It is a big time commitment. The idea is to get people used to exercising for at least an hour every day. We want people fully dedicated to improving health. Both P90X and Insanity done correctly are lifestyle changers. You will eat differently and train differently. The people who are the most successful are those who commit to following the program, drink Shakeology, and take advantage of the free coaching and on-line support. I've seen hundreds of people begin the programs. Not all of them are successful. The ones who are see the process as a complete change in the way they had been living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 PM

387 posts, read 1,043,047 times
P90X is a good program but it is not for beginners. Of course Beachbody doesn't tell people that or they would sell a lot less. Jumping right into weight training without stability and mobility training can lead to injury. Had a good friend who got a bad rotator cuff injury doing P90X when he had been completely inactive before. If you have inefficient movements that stress joints (like you can't do a proper squat and you are quad dominant, you can hurt your knees over time), adding weights just compounds the problem and will cause injury sooner.

The problem with at-home programs is no one is there to correct poor form. Buyer beware. Same goes for Insanity, a plyometric-based program. Plyometrics is power-based training and meant for athletes, or at least those who have achieved certain milestones in strength and agility.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,715,548 times
i love p90x...bought it 2 years ago and finished a complete round..since then i do daily routines of it but don't follow it to a tee...i need to do a 2nd round start to finish so i can order p90x2...beachbody has so many great workouts/products to try! i also love the 10 minute trainer for those days i just don't have a whole lot of time!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,599,964 times
I love P90x..I bought it in 2005, I've done it twice and it kicked my a$$..I'm starting to do it again but it's difficult-I can only do about 40 minutes before I want to fall over...

It's a great program and I met Tony a few years ago...he is by far the most ripped son of a gun I've ever seen...

BTW..I bought mine when the P90X craze was in full swing...I bought the whole thing...and was never charged

Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 922 times
p90x is a life changing program, it changed my life for the better and i couldnt be thankful enough. Ive done 3 rounds of p90x and a round of p90x2 within the last year and a half and went from a depressed, obese middle aged guy with major health issues, to a ripped dude in the best shape of his life at the age of 37. The depression is long gone and my blood pressure as well as cholesterol levels are at ideal levels, compared to pre diabetis levels that almost hadd me on concktail of medications. Went from 297 lbs and 35% body fat to 200 lbs and 8% body fat, and substantialy more muscle mass. Truly life changing experience based on good old fashioned hard work and proper nutrition. What i found most appealing about p90x and x2, is the fact that it was incredibly easy for me to stay motivated and i actualy look forward to my workout every day. I was hooked withing a week, and plan on continuing using these products. I have had memberships at 3 different gyms in the past and always struglled staying motivated to do my workouts on regular basis. With p90x i never had that problem

Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,599,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight Smasher View Post
p90x is a life changing program, it changed my life for the better and i couldnt be thankful enough. Ive done 3 rounds of p90x and a round of p90x2 within the last year and a half and went from a depressed, obese middle aged guy with major health issues, to a ripped dude in the best shape of his life at the age of 37. The depression is long gone and my blood pressure as well as cholesterol levels are at ideal levels, compared to pre diabetis levels that almost hadd me on concktail of medications. Went from 297 lbs and 35% body fat to 200 lbs and 8% body fat, and substantialy more muscle mass. Truly life changing experience based on good old fashioned hard work and proper nutrition. What i found most appealing about p90x and x2, is the fact that it was incredibly easy for me to stay motivated and i actualy look forward to my workout every day. I was hooked withing a week, and plan on continuing using these products. I have had memberships at 3 different gyms in the past and always struglled staying motivated to do my workouts on regular basis. With p90x i never had that problem

Good job!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness