Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times

Advertisements

I would find a muscular woman unattractive. I have never lifted weights myself, it's a minority opinion but I think excess muscularity looks gross on anyone. I would prefer a woman who is somewhat fit but not obsessed with it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Default I feel...

Like I seriously need to get some more fitness, And toss the darn cigs away already. Seriously.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:13 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I would find a muscular woman unattractive. I have never lifted weights myself, it's a minority opinion but I think excess muscularity looks gross on anyone. I would prefer a woman who is somewhat fit but not obsessed with it..

I agree about excess muscularity. I like good definition but overly-muscular bodies have never turned me on.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Default But anyway...

I prefer a man who takes care of himself. He doesn't have to have a washboard stomach (although I'm not going to complain if he does), but being soft or obese is right out. Call it a double-standard, but there is no reason for an able-bodied male to have a weight problem. Ever. Male muscle-mass is too easily built and maintained, and the male metabolism is too fast. If a young or middle-aged man is more than 20 pounds overweight and he's not a goalie or a linebacker with very low body-fat, he has a seriously dysfunctional relationship with food.

That's not to say that women who become obese don't also have issues with food, but that in it is indeed easier for women to put on smaller amounts of weight (15, 20, 30 pounds) as they get older, and that it is, by and large, tougher for women to lose weight once they gain it, mainly because they go about it the wrong way and tend to screw up their metabolism with idiotic diets that put their bodies into conservation mode. Women have to work a LOT harder to stay trim than men do. And unless you're Heidi Klum, having babies can wreak havoc on your figure. You may be able to go back to your old weight, but things tend to shift.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
It sounds like you're way above average for your age group, that's all you can ask for

Alas, that's not saying much in the United States. I fear for my country. I really do.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Like I seriously need to get some more fitness, And toss the darn cigs away already. Seriously.
You and me both man.

I got this app called My Fitness Pal today. You enter in what you've eaten and how much you've exercised and it lets you know if you'll be on track to meet your weight loss goals. Like right now it says I can only eat X amount of calories a day if I want to lose two pounds a week based on my current height, weight, age and level of activity. It's really cool and graphical. Give it a look.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Alas, that's not saying much in the United States. I fear for my country. I really do.
Ah, you really shouldn't, it's the way the world comes full circle to make room for the next generation, it was getting too crowded people were starting to live to long. So sing with me, It's The Circle of Life. All us fatties will drop off, and you cute little bunnies will repopulate like, well bunnies.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM

198 posts, read 468,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I prefer a man who takes care of himself. He doesn't have to have a washboard stomach (although I'm not going to complain if he does), but being soft or obese is right out. Call it a double-standard, but there is no reason for an able-bodied male to have a weight problem. Ever. Male muscle-mass is too easily built and maintained, and the male metabolism is too fast. If a young or middle-aged man is more than 20 pounds overweight and he's not a goalie or a linebacker with very low body-fat, he has a seriously dysfunctional relationship with food.
Awful double standard is awful. Find any man who grew up and stayed skinny and tell him how easy it is to build muscle. Or do a search of any bodybuilding website for hardgainers. The male metabolism isn't "too fast", it's faster for a reason. Men are significantly taller than women on average to start with.

I think this is probably a major reason ordinary women tend to become overweight/obese more readily. They don't consider their gender when eating. Nutritional information is stupidly based on an "average" of the two sexes. Women should eat less calories than it suggests, and men should eat more.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
I'm still wondering why so many muscular fit men are attracted to completely muscleless skinny females.
Muscles are manly, thats why the guys spend so much time trying to get them, instead of just getting cardiovascularly fit for example. Why would a muscly guy want a woman with muscles (unless he was closet). Do curvy women want curvy men? ha

Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnTmr4Brkfst View Post
Awful double standard is awful. Find any man who grew up and stayed skinny and tell him how easy it is to build muscle. Or do a search of any bodybuilding website for hardgainers. The male metabolism isn't "too fast", it's faster for a reason. Men are significantly taller than women on average to start with.

My guess is that you eat very few calories, a lot less than you even think you're eating

I've hung out with "hardgainers" for a day or so and their daily calorie intake is just terrible. It's approximately what I eat in 1 meal if I'm really hungry

Workout with me for a year and actually eat 4,000 calories a day like you're supposed to and you would put on 30-40 Lbs of muscle, no doubt about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness