Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 AM

1,678 posts, read 4,011,529 times

Advertisements

I used a Ace Wrap back in the day when I was having elbow issues, just below my elbow on my upper forearm. Worked like a charm, and I no longer suffer from those issues and haven't had to use a wrap in a couple of years (this is with weight lifting, pushups, dips, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Tennis elbow is the worst. I have had it several times, right arm, left arm, both arms.
it takes about a good 6 months to go away.
It is painful. I had cortizone shots done, that makes it feel better, but when the Doctor administers the cortizone he mixes it with a pain killer, but when that wears off your elbow will HURT, until it wears off. the cortizone will last a few weeks.

It just takes time to go away.

I had acupuncture as well.

came home and felt pinching in my sleeve, the dumb Doctor left a accupuncture needle in my arm...

good luck.
i also wear an air cast if it really bothers me.

but i still go to the gym and do light weights, that actually makes it feel better also.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 49,915 times
Stay away from using dumbbells in the gym. They are dangerous and will only make your injury worse. Stick with barbell exercises and ice your arm at night.

Good luck!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,779 times
Tennis elbow is from back exercise. I cure it with dowel straps used in back exercises and working out forearms. If only someone would say me before to use wrist straps.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM

7,181 posts, read 9,231,276 times
OP. I hope your tennis elbow is better?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Wrap the elbow in gauze and dont use it. I know how it is to put ur arm under ur pillow when u sleep and it feels more comfortable but later on hurts ur arm. Just resist that temptation and try to fall asleep without that.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Lately, I've started receiving Neurokinetic Therapy treatments for my elbow. I don't have an official medical diagnosis, but what I do know per the NKT visits, is that the extensor tendon in my right arm is overworked, so I'm doing release work (like the SMR), and then I do activation exercises for the muscles that are weak. These are the muscles that were not firing as they are supposed to when the NKT guy found the hot spot on the extensor tendon. I'm totally sold on this modality. My 2 month history of classic carpal tunnel symptoms is completely resolved as a result! Anyways...you might want to check this out.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 PM

345 posts, read 994,537 times
I found ice to be good for temporary swelling and pain. One exercise that worked for me is using one hand and bending back the four fingers on the other hand, hold for 20 seconds, and release. Do that several times a day. May as well do it for both hands. You'll notice it stretches and strengthens the wrist to the elbow. Wish you well.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:13 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,222,868 times
I developed ulnar nerve compression (self diagnosed) a couple months ago from a combination of benching, type of grip used in benching and sleeping positions. I had numbness in my pinky/half ring finger, weaker hand strength and eventually my elbow was getting agitated. I found this youtube video a couple weeks ago and it VASTLY improved my condition within a day:

I still noticed pain after benching days, so I switched my grip and now the problem is virtually gone. The flossing improved my condition greatly, I recommend it. I am back to benching heavy again, regularly. All the other things I tried over that couple month period did not improve anything at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness