Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 PM

45 posts, read 103,137 times

Advertisements

I sought advice here a while back because I was unhappy that my boobs had dwindled along with the rest of my body fat. One piece of advice I received was to gain back a little weight for winter and then lean out again each summer. I have consciously put some weight back on by increasing my calories and no longer restricting 'white carbs' and desserts. I still exercise but have cut back from 6 days a week to 4. I like my body now, but I do have a layer of fat over my belly which I understand is not ideal health-wise (and to some people it is unacceptable looks-wise).

I am 5'2'' and was down to 119 lbs. when I was complaining about losing my bust. Since April I've gained over 20 lbs. Now I weigh 144 and at this size I'm much happier with the way my body looks. The thing is, I do think once summer comes I'll want to reduce my body fat % again.

My question is how much fitness & weight fluctuation do you consider normal, healthy, and ok? Basically, if I want to let myself weigh 140 for the colder months and get back to 120 each summer, is there anything wrong or dangerous about that? I am able to lose and gain weight pretty quickly. Maybe that will eventually change as I get older, but I'll worry about that and make adjustments when the time comes.

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,123 times
I could be totally off on this, but I'd worry about what repeated fat gain and loss would eventually do to facial skin. I wonder if it could make it saggy? What if you stayed closer to 130 lbs. since that is right in the middle of the range you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness