Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,706 times

Advertisements

I've been working out since I was in high school couple day a week every week, but I could never gain any “real” weight. I’ve learned the hard way it doesn't matter what you do, how many times you work out per week, who you work out with, ect... Nothing matters more then the right nutrition in take. Living a “normal” makes it impossible to eat enough naturally. This is like a meal replacement but much better.
A couple big guys I worked out with turned me onto this stuff, and it worked very well for me.

When I tried this stuff I went from around 180 to 196 in this picture in about 2 1/2 months. Get the facts and buy it here. MHP Up Your Mass at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Up Your Mass

Long story short on why it kicks so much ass, with out the silly lingo.
Every shake is equal to two chicken breasts, two cups of brown rice, and it has good fats added to it, good as Aminos 3, 6 & 9 (No not Ralph) You can not gain fat off the stuff either because the carbs come from brown rice, which means there ” Good carbs” and it’s extremely low in sugar. It’s almost to good to be true, but it is.

As for the taste.
The taste is good, It only comes in two flavors. Chocolate & cake batter vanilla.
Both are good imo. The texture is very gritty though, but it's well worth it, and if you’re killing yourself in the gym, drinking this stuff is well worth it. I swear by this stuff. Obviously.
It's a lot of $$ though It’s $55 @ GNC Internet $30 and at 2-3 shakes per day, they only last about 2 - 3 weeks. But if you do the math, it’s much cheaper than if you were eating all that as real food.

Well I hope you give it a try. You probably won’t but you should. lol
i''ll buy it off ebay

Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
OP you said you gained weight, but how much of it was QUALITY weight? Do you have a proof that a shake is equal to two chicken breasts? If so, how big are the breasts? Do not buy into this supplement BS! Any moron can put a label on a jar of powder and claim it has x amount of protein. That's because supplements aren't regulated by the FDA. EAT your protein! Personally I eat three pounds of meat a day, 1lb of red meat and 2 lbs of chicken. I have 2-3 shakes but I make them myself using egg whites and pineapple juice NOT protein powders! I am not natural, hormones do make a huge difference, but even naturally with proper training and diet you can make improvements, just not as much. Without knowing you, your training, and your diet I can't say why you haven't improved. Sure those big guys at the gym could be taking this supplement, but they could also have been training longer, have a sound diet and training program as well. Any questions feel free to ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
OP you said you gained weight, but how much of it was QUALITY weight? Do you have a proof that a shake is equal to two chicken breasts? If so, how big are the breasts? Do not buy into this supplement BS! Any moron can put a label on a jar of powder and claim it has x amount of protein. That's because supplements aren't regulated by the FDA. EAT your protein! Personally I eat three pounds of meat a day, 1lb of red meat and 2 lbs of chicken. I have 2-3 shakes but I make them myself using egg whites and pineapple juice NOT protein powders! I am not natural, hormones do make a huge difference, but even naturally with proper training and diet you can make improvements, just not as much. Without knowing you, your training, and your diet I can't say why you haven't improved. Sure those big guys at the gym could be taking this supplement, but they could also have been training longer, have a sound diet and training program as well. Any questions feel free to ask
I add a whole Can of light flaked Tuna in Water along with to my strawberry whey protein shakes so I know at least how much protein the tuna adds but if the Op is worried about taste then a can of tuna, Egg whites, half a banana and a couple massive scoops of strawberry protein powder blended together.

It is something that I find you could drink in the day if Real food is not available and eating a can of tuna and drinking a 1/4 Gallon of milk and your egg whites is something that you want to do in a few gulps on the Run then it might work and for some reason for me Strawberry is the only flavor that makes it taste not bad at all IMO..

Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
i dont understand how people find it challenging to add calories to their diet.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM

4,627 posts, read 4,894,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont understand how people find it challenging to add calories to their diet.
Most people have the opposite problem

Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 PM

3,922 posts, read 6,835,417 times
The OP is obviously a spammer just trying to sell his product. Please dont feed the spam thread.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,764,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Most people have the opposite problem
For most of us who are older and have metabolisms that have slowed, you are correct. Some teens, who are naturally skinny, will try any thing to gain weight and put on muscle. Just spending more time at the dinner table or drinking a couple of extra glasses of milk can do it. How healthy it is really boils down to what kind of weight they add. Lot's of fat at any age is not a good thing.

In reality, a healthy male--on a good balanced diet--can probably add about 5 lbs. of lean muscle per year. Most of the additional weight will be fat. If you're truly an ectomorph (skinny), you can gain easily and it would not a problem gaining 10-15 lbs. If you're already pretty well built, you will plateau and add more fatty tissue to gain more weight.

As pointed out in an above post, it helps to be working out properly. Lots of power movements like benches, squats (esp. squats), deadlifts, etc. will pack on the muscle. Focus on large muscle groups like legs and back and the arms and shoulders will follow.

These expensive weight-gain powders are usually some protein powder with lots of carbs added. If you need a good supplement, check out brewer's yeast and mix it with milk and a banana and you'll save 00's over the unregulated bins of 'stuff' you see in places like GNC. Supplement companies make bundles of cash on this stuff, selling to teens esp., so you know there's heavy profit motive involved.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
when i was in college i took this product called nlarge2. tasted awesome and i did gain some weight. it was just protein and carbs, probably mostly maltodextrin. food is food. if you want to gain weight, eat more of it.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
I have a feeling this OP wasn't spam.

According to the product reviews, this product has been on the market since 2007:

Bodybuilding.com Reviews - MHP Up Your Mass

and has pretty high reviews from 237 people.

Also equally high reviews here:

http://supplementreviews.com/mhp/up-your-mass

My feeling is the OP was probably just sharing a good experience he had by using it.

Last edited by RD5050; 01-11-2013 at 07:24 AM..

Old 01-11-2013, 03:37 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,839 times
So someone joined these forums, advertised a product in their one and only post, and then vanished? Sounds like spam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness