Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 03:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times

Advertisements

Why are women obsessed with being tan, I have sand colored skin tone, I am Middle Eastern, why are people obsessed with tanning, I don't get the appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 04:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That ^^ and I am not a fan of the washboard abs and big fake boobs. Neither is my husband.

And again, about the tans - why do they do it so dark? It makes them look strange. A little tan is good and all one needs to show muscle definition.
I know! It is like their natural color is Christina Hendricks and on competition day they turn into Padma Lakshmi. It is like what?

I also agree about the way out of proportion fake boobs. Obviously, when you have uber low body fat, many women do not retain much breast tissue, but going into Anna Nichole territory with your implants looks out of proportion.

I used to love watching those fitness / figure competitions on ESPN when I was a kid and I saw all those ladies busting out pushups.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:10 PM

506 posts, read 958,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That ^^ and I am not a fan of the washboard abs and big fake boobs. Neither is my husband.

And again, about the tans - why do they do it so dark? It makes them look strange. A little tan is good and all one needs to show muscle definition.
Tans are mainly to see how lean and defined their muscles are. The darker the tan, the easier for the judges can determine how lean one is. As for the boobs. A lot of bikini competitors get them augmented as they lose a lot of body fat as you lean down and in prep.

A lot of those women are mothers with kids (a lot of the bikini pros do) and they get implants prior to even competing or living an active life, but of course some get them after they compete as well due to I said above about low bf%. I know some that have naturally small breasts, but they stuff their tops with pillow stuffing and tightly tie their tops to their chest to look larger.

Its not for every woman to like or be in shape like that. Most women and men want to other women look 'soft' and 'curvy', etc., but the fitness "trend" is catching off due to social media (Instagram, twitter, YouTube) and women finding out about bikini competitions and fitness modeling.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Why are women obsessed with being tan, I have sand colored skin tone, I am Middle Eastern, why are people obsessed with tanning, I don't get the appeal.

I'm not, look at my pic, I'm happy be a white gal~~.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 AM

4,562 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Here is a fit woman who I just love:

https://www.facebook.com/SerenaWilli...type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

The sexy Serena Williams.

My wife is hilarious - she says to me "Please dont compliment me anymore because you like women with big a$$es like Serena Williams and those CrossFit women. So I know if you say I look good it must mean I am getting fat and my a$$ is getting too big". She's cracks me up. But this is coming from a Russian gal who views everything through the eyes of a ballerina and ballroom dancer.

Here is another extremely fit woman who is the total opposite of being "masculine" looking - https://www.facebook.com/manko.fit/photos_stream

Old 08-11-2015, 12:41 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
If these women to you look like big ole men, I don't know what to say...

NPC bikini division 2014

I'm sure I'll get flamed....

Many of these women's bodies are an the verge of being "too masculine" for my taste. A few of them have gone over that line.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Fit as in shapely yoga girls is attractive. Fit as in can curl 100 lbs is not attractive in a female imo.
This I agree with. But women who do yoga aren't always necessarily the fittest either. I guess its up to one's definition of "fit".

To me, fitness is more than having low body fat and defined muscles. I'm sure most of these women get cardio in, but I know a couple of men body builders who rarely do cardio.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM

506 posts, read 958,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
I'm sure I'll get flamed....

Many of these women's bodies are an the verge of being "too masculine" for my taste. A few of them have gone over that line.
Thats cool. Not all guys like women to look like them and prefer the softer bodies. Its not everyones cup of tea. And remember, these women are at their leanest and won't stay that way after the show is over.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 PM

96 posts, read 91,912 times
I love women who are fit and have some muscle definition. I don't prefer women who have bodybuilder musculature. My wife is of average figure.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:27 AM

Personally when I think of "fit" and feminine, I think of Missy May-Treanor, Lindsay Vonn, Jamie Anderson, Alex Morgan come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness