Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,780,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprimetime View Post
it definitely can be very alluring, and this is where i don't understand female logic at all: If a guy approaches you and finds you attractive when you're "at your worst" (your words ladies, not ours), then this should be refreshing to you, not thwarted away like he's violating some sacred rule of 'don't talk to me when sweaty'.

I mean, doesn't it feel nice to be considered attractive when:

- you're not wearing makeup
- your're not wearing your best dress
- you're not wearing heels
- the lights aren't dim
- the guy isn't drunk
yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,543,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
It definitely can be very alluring, and this is where I don't understand female logic at all: If a guy approaches you and finds you attractive when you're "at your worst" (your words ladies, not ours), then this should be refreshing to you, not thwarted away like he's violating some sacred rule of 'don't talk to me when sweaty'.

- You're not wearing makeup
- Your're not wearing your best dress
- You're not wearing heels
- The lights aren't dim
- The guy isn't drunk
Exactly. Nobody should listen to any of this nonsense that you can't meet people or get dates from the gym. You can flirt and be friendly with the women and see if they respond at all. The trick is it has to be casual and in the context of you doing your own thing.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:35 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,008,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You can flirt and be friendly with the women and see if they respond at all. The trick is it has to be casual and in the context of you doing your own thing.
Yep, it's one of those things that can't be rushed. As a guy, just keep things light, say hello the first time, maybe have a brief conversation the next time you see her, then if those two instances went well, ask her for her number the next time. Don't consider it "hitting on" a girl, just making a gym friend that could turn into something more.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 AM

41,699 posts, read 74,634,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
I'm talking a whole row of 15 or so empty machines and a chick chooses the one directly next to me.
Maybe she wants a better view of the TV.

Quote:
None have actually said "hi" to me even when I reciprocate the eye contact/gaze or whatever.
Maybe they just want you to mind your own business so they can concentrate on their workouts.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,703,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Exactly. Nobody should listen to any of this nonsense that you can't meet people or get dates from the gym. You can flirt and be friendly with the women and see if they respond at all. The trick is it has to be casual and in the context of you doing your own thing.
The operative word is "casual" Not to come across as if you cruising a bar. You're there on legitimate business, working out and getting in shape. So what IS wrong with being sociable, as long as one is not being creepy or a pest. The rule of thumb is, "Low key" "Respectful and polite" "Less (flirting) is more" You won't receive a positive response with some people, even when you keep it light and do it right, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to socialize with people at the gym.

Last edited by laorbust61; 04-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 PM

22,181 posts, read 29,135,431 times
Quote:
It definitely can be very alluring, and this is where I don't understand female logic at all: If a guy approaches you and finds you attractive when you're "at your worst" (your words ladies, not ours), then this should be refreshing to you, not thwarted away like he's violating some sacred rule of 'don't talk to me when sweaty'.

- The lights aren't dim
- The guy isn't drunk
No of course it does!!! Don't forget completely sweaty. It's very flattering so when guys like hot big gym guy see me out in public dressed attractive they are like double dam!!

Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 AM

345 posts, read 1,026,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
you seem like a delight.

anyway, i'm alot like you, OP. i mainly concentrate on my workout. but then again, i've been thinking about this too, and have had that same situation happen to me, but i was too oblivious to do anything. though i am not oblivious enough to not notice women at the gym. after all, i am a guy. i've had a few women on the elliptical machines right next to me take of their sweater and put their hair down and it has been really distracting. perhaps that was a green light. i always go in the morning and i am not much of a talker in the morning. if it is the mid-afternoon or evening when i am more likely to initiate conversations.
Yeah dude if they're at cardio machines right next to you when many other are available; I'd say there's a high likelihood you piqued her interest. She is thus violating gym etiquette to get your attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
If we exchange enough eye contact or I catch you looking at me in the mirror I'll simply just come up to you. But then again, I'm an aggressive woman
Wish more women were as confident as you . I'd get my **** wet more often and maybe like someone enough to be my gf.

Quote:

- The lights aren't dim
- The guy isn't drunk
Wow this guy knows what's up. If the lights aren't dim and the guy is sober that really says something . I mean, it's the ultimate fear of any guy to wake-up to a groce looking unrecognizable woman without make-up. So if guys dig you without make-up, that's the ultimate compliment. Instead of shunning it, embrace it.

Outside of bars/clubs, there's only so many places to meet women. You single girls should appreciate being approached by quality guys at the gym. No alcohol involved, nothing. Just genuine attraction.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,456,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
pretty much every girl in the gym is interested in me. they usually let me know by looking away when we make eye contact, telling me to stop staring, ignoring me when i talk to them and giving me the finger.
some people have suggested that this may mean something other than what i am thinking. havent you guys ever heard of "playing hard to get"? they so want me.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:20 PM

148 posts, read 187,297 times
works out at home, but goes to the gym not to lift but to hit on women crew checking in

not srs, probably should though i mean i hardly ever see "fit" women whenever im doing daily activities

Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,193,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Yeah dude if they're at cardio machines right next to you when many other are available; I'd say there's a high likelihood you piqued her interest. She is thus violating gym etiquette to get your attention.
you're probably right, i should be more receptive next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness