Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:14 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,624,283 times

Advertisements

I've already started my regiment and so far I've been jogging and mild hiking. I want to start on weights tomorrow but remembered a friends party I am supposed attend tonight. I only drink wine but I am just hoping that will not mess up the overall outstanding mood I am in, the little weight I loss and the drive for tomorrow when I want to hit the weights.

I was even thinking of working out tonight then have a couple glasses of wine but I hear that doing weights and then going out drinking renders your workout worthless. Is this true?

Would a couple of a glasses of wine ruin a diet, overall mood and drive to continue working out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 03:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
No.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM

No, what? I mean I could use a bit more of an explanation. I know that people want love to be cool on the net, but this notion that I can somehow convey your tone via a net forum is ridiculous.

Are you saying any amount of alcohol will ruin a regiment?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:20 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
No, what? I mean I could use a bit more of an explanation. I know that people want love to be cool on the net, but this notion that I can somehow convey your tone via a net forum is ridiculous.

Are you saying any amount of alcohol will ruin a regiment?
I thought he was just answering the last question you asked in your first post, which was "Would a couple of a glasses of wine ruin a diet, overall mood and drive to continue working out?" He wrote, "No."

People can be smart a**es on here sometimes, but you asked a question and he answered it ... then you assumed he was saying "no" to something completely different.

From your title, I thought you were saying something like, "I go jogging for an hour, then come back and have a beer to cool off." I would have said, "Not a good idea." But you sound like you'll be drinking pretty moderately at a gathering with friends. That sounds fine! Relax!!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Drinking a little wine now and then will not derail your diet unless you want it to. I drink wine almost every night and I workout almost every day.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:34 PM

Thank you! I figured two glasses of wine for tonight would not ruin the regiment. And it's just for tonight and I plan on just doing it once a week and limited to two glasses of red or white wine.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Next question. Would it ruin a workout to have those two glasses a couple hours after weight training or should I just wait for the next day to weight train when I am not drinking afterward?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Would a couple of a glasses of wine ruin a diet, overall mood and drive to continue working out?
That depends on your tolerance for alcohol.

I wouldn't even feel a couple glasses of wine - you may be different.

I will occasionally drink a beer following a run - the key is to not overdo it - there is no point in getting yourself drunk - and quite frankly once I have the endorphins in my system the last thing I want to do is replace that high with a alcohol high.

A beer simply serves to help unwind after a hard workout.

Only you can answer the question - but two glasses of wine doesn't seem to me to be a big deal.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Excellent. Two glasses gets me a bit buzzed. And that's as far as I like to take it. I hate getting drunk

Old 06-01-2013, 06:36 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times
i never drink immediately after a workout. it would be a little weird, considering i work out in the morning. in general, i am a moderate drinker though, even before i started dieting and exercising. still have lost tons of weight. 46 pounds now since late september. people say i am getting too thin now but then again most of them are 30+ pounds overweight anyway, so what the hell do they know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness