Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:04 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,952,036 times

Advertisements

I usually keep supplementation very simple. A quality protein supplement, and a quality creatine, with daily glucosamine and vitamin C. For a preworkout boost, I do a banana, milk, protein, creatine, and peanut butter smoothie, with a cup of green tea(real green tea, not Liptons)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,778,661 times
I don't use a pre-workout supplement. Namely because I try and keep my supplement purchases to a minimum and I would rather eat than drink something. Also, your body can adapt to some of these supplements and you will need to cycle through them. I like to keep things simple so I avoid using them.

I eat a meal an hour before I hit the gym and I am good to go.

Are you getting enough sleep at night?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM

515 posts, read 1,001,214 times
Just wanted to chime in about creatine; I still have no idea why so many people equate creatine with steroid abuse. Like skel said, it's one of the only proven, safe and effective supplements out there.

Creatine - In-Depth Scientific Supplement Information | Examine.com

Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,952,036 times
I think that whole misconception died off a long time ago, at least in the mainstream. But I do remember when Mark McGwire first said he took creatine, and everyone thought it was a steroid(though he was on the juice to).

Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,635,528 times
Since we are on the subject. I just came across this

This is just one example. They tested all flavors of craze. Gotta be careful which supps you are taking since their main goal is to make money.

This is from Patrick Arnolds Blog

As I said in my last piece, things are moving fast in this Craze scandal. Word just came out today that the product was tested in Sweden and confirmed to contain the same meth analog that the Australian federal police said they identified
“In this material we found substances chemically similar to amphetamine and that probably would have similar effects to amphetamine has been says Anna Stenfeldt Henning, Head, Drug Analysis Unit, SKL.”

SKL is the Swedish National Lab for Forensic Science. The Swedes refer to the chemical as N-ethyl-1-phenyl-2-butylamine, but it also goes by the names N,alpha-diethylbenzeneethanamine and N,alpha-diethylphenethylamine. As I mentioned in my last installment it is considered a structural isomer of methamphetamine. Why is it considered a structural isomer to methamphetamine while some other phenethylamine derivatives are not? If you want to get technical it is because it contains an alkyl (hydrocarbon chain) alpha to the nitrogen atom. The presence of the alkyl group blocks the enzyme monoamine oxidase, which normally inactivates such neurotransmitter type compounds. In other words it makes it potent so you get the classic “speed” high.

This testing by the Swedes comes on the heels of a consumer who took Craze for two weeks and ended up in the hospital. This case led the magazine SVT Nyheter to contact the SKL who then took it upon themselves to test the product.

The makers of Craze have responded to SVY Nyheter by claiming that their product does not contain the meth analog and that it must be one of the counterfeit Craze jars that allegedly have been floating around europe. However, SVT Nyheter contacted the retailer that they bought the Craze from and they claimed to have bought it directly from Driven Sports.

I have yet to hear of any action regarding this product here in the states. Online retailers continue to sell the product. I don’t know if that is going to continue for long. The liability of selling a product with the knowledge that it may contain an illegal and potentially dangerous substance might be too risky for large distributors and retailers. Usually in situations such as this the product is put on temporary hold until more information is available and the situation clarified, because not to do so puts a company at potentially greater legal risk in the future should the fears be confirmed and a criminal investigation launched.
So if you love your Craze, and you don’t care about any of the scary stuff coming to light lately, you might want to stock up.

Could just be a marketing scam but i wouldnt chance it

Last edited by skel1977; 07-03-2013 at 07:29 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 04:38 PM

793 posts, read 1,413,783 times
Further proof that Craze® does not contain amphetamines | Blog

OF course, that's from a Driven Sports site. So.

I'll just say - I don't feel like I've taken speed when I take Craze.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,596,398 times
What I do is drink a packet of EmergenC 30-45 minutes before the gym. I also might eat an orange or a banana, but oranges work best. This has worked very well for cardio, which is my focus.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:05 PM

22,597 posts, read 24,404,855 times
Caffeine with Ephedrine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness