Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times

Advertisements

At bodybuilding forums is often possible to read this story - I was huge then I stop lift (for whatsoever reason) and I lost 15, 20, 30 pounds of muscle.
My idea is that is better bulk to size that you can maintain without lifting and high protein diet. For example I found that 215 pounds stay with me no matter if I stop lift, as I do over summer, and no matter what I eat. Lifting across natural limit put increasingly bigger pressure at yours joints and digesting system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
At bodybuilding forums is often possible to read this story - I was huge then I stop lift (for whatsoever reason) and I lost 15, 20, 30 pounds of muscle.
My idea is that is better bulk to size that you can maintain without lifting and high protein diet. For example I found that 215 pounds stay with me no matter if I stop lift, as I do over summer, and no matter what I eat. Lifting across natural limit put increasingly bigger pressure at yours joints and digesting system.
Yes, the body builders do lose muscle size when they stop working out, just as power lifters lose strength, runners lose endurance, basketball players lose skill, etc.

The rest of your post makes no sense, and shows you do not know much about exercising. Not intended to be an insult, but when someone starts rattling off things like "My idea is that is better bulk to size that you can maintain without lifting and high protein diet." and "Lifting across natural limit put increasingly bigger pressure at yours joints and digesting system" plus your not regarding any goals a person has, along with using weight as a base instead of body fat, shows me you have no clue other than what you read a few times online.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
You didn't say noting important to topic. I do not have any significant fat, and never didn't have. Al my weight is muscle and bones.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
I did say something towards the topic; you basically stated body builders should not be body builders, even though their goal is to be has large as possible, because they will atrophy when they stop working out. Well no duh, any and all people will lose performance when they stop doing the task. But you think this should mean a body builder should not gain that much mass at all, nevermind the goal of gaining mass.

This is like telling an NBA player they should not play because if they ever took a break, they will lose some skill; or an Olympic lifter they should not lift so much because if they stop, they will lose some strength.

So to clarify; you think since a person atrophies when they take a break, in this case a body builder, that means they should never work towards their goal of being a body builder?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:12 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
You're thinking way too much about this and over analyzing something that is not that complicated. Most people workout to stay healthy and have a decent physical appearance. Some develop a real passion for a particular sport such as bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc. You need to determine where you fit in.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
and never didn't have
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 PM

268 posts, read 480,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one.
lel

Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Lifting across natural limit put increasingly bigger pressure at yours joints and digesting system.
hmmm ok

Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
OP, we don't understand what you are saying/requesting. Do you have a friend who can help you explain in English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness