Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,430 times

Advertisements

Our brothers and sisters of nature have much wisdom to teach us:

The Gorillas: Eat raw food and lots of it.

The Chimpanzee: Walking on both two legs and on four at different times can be beneficial.

The Cougar: Be swift when it is needed the most and use your environment to your advantage.

The Fox: Look for the smallest details and always be aware of your surroundings.

The Wolf: Life is not always safe, don't let fear hold you back from taking risks when you know they can greatly benefit you and some times accepting help from others can benefit every one.

The Owl: Some times we must look deep inside ourselves to find the answers we can not find any where else.

The Bear: Stand strong in your convictions and do not waste energy when it is not needed.

Every day I learn and use the wisdom of our brothers and sisters of nature to apply to my every day life:

I am eating food that is closer and closer to nature: first I cut out all empty-calorie suppliers such as chips, candy, and ice cream; then I eat more and more 'home made' food; finally I am beginning to eat more and more raw food as part of my diet such as celery and carrots.~

Recently I have learned from the wisdom of our ape brothers and sisters. I studied how us Humans and our ape cousins move and compared the two.~ What I have learned has surprised me: Humans do not necessarily naturally by instinct walk on two legs, it is some thing taught passed from one to another.~ If this is never taught to a new born Human, they may grow up walking on all four limbs.~ Often they can run faster on four legs instead of two and seem to tire much less easily.~

In order to balance my body more and to build strength in my arms: I have begun to switch between walking on four limbs and walking on two limbs seamlessly in my daily life, when I walk on all four limbs I do so in various ways such as: some times on my fists like an Orangutan and other times on my palms like a Chimpanzee does. My stance I change often and I already feel the results in my arms as they grow in size and strength and surprisingly in my knees as well as they are often bent during walking on all four limbs.~ I also hang from bars and continuously work on my climbing skills through pull/chin-ups and exercising hanging up-side-down.~

I listen to my body: when I am hungry I eat and when I feel sick I do what I can to heal like today I just ate dinner and was feeling very horrible like I wanted to vomit and so I did and afterwards I felt so much better as it turns out I had gotten food-poisoning.~

More to come as I learn more from the wisdom of our brothers and sisters of nature and grow in response.~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM

The Monkeys: Use every part of yourself to accomplish your goals for there is no part that is useless. Also a happy life is one worth living.~ Always have fun no matter what you are doing and if it isn't fun make it fun.~

The Turtle: Home is where the heart is, and you carry it where ever you go.~ Also time is relative, appreciate everything.~ A moment can be a lifetime if you appreciate it.~

Old 10-17-2013, 03:02 PM

230 posts, read 343,359 times
So I guess we shouldn't cook our food, drive cars, or use computers..........

Old 10-17-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Malone View Post
So I guess we shouldn't cook our food, drive cars, or use computers..........
If that is what you desire, wisdom from our brothers and sisters of nature is just like any wisdom from anywhere, what you get from it is up to you.~

Old 10-18-2013, 01:24 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
you might want to check out a primal workout (I love it for a movement-focused variation of my weight lifting program). Sounds like it might just be up your alley.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
you might want to check out a primal workout (I love it for a movement-focused variation of my weight lifting program). Sounds like it might just be up your alley.
I did look it up and I love its' basic principles: its' philosophy is one interpretation of the above.~

We can all recognize wisdom, what we get from it is up to each of us.~

This thread is just the wisdom I have recognized and my interpretations of them.~

I simply want to help people, so I post here about these, you may all get some thing from all of this it is up to you.~

Enjoy!~ ^_^

Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Have you thought about becoming a personal trainer? By actually working with real people where you can affect more lives than online

Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Have you thought about becoming a personal trainer? By actually working with real people where you can affect more lives than online
Are saying you are not 'real'?~

'Reality' is subjective to me, it is 'relative' to the person.~

At this point in time I am rather busy with my time and will be until about 10 months or so from now as I am in the DEP or Delayed Entry Program for the U.S.A. Navy, am training, my entire family is limited in resources as they are struggling with their debt, and I will be training after my DEP is over for about 7 months before I get stationed or 'placed to work at' some where and actually have more 'free time' for myself.~

Even through all of these circumstances, I HAVE actually got to spread my found wisdom around at least a little bit with every one I meet whether online or offline as I make friends with EVERY BODY!~ ^_^

Sharing my found wisdom with any one online is more practical for me though no matter what circumstances I am in, at least in this point in time it is.~

Thank you for the beautiful advice though!~ ^_^

Old 10-23-2013, 05:36 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,290 times
Aren't you the guy who wants to be functional 24/7, so you cartwheel everywhere you go instead of catching a bus/ driving?

Yea that's you.

Honestly I think this is a troll.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 AM

230 posts, read 343,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadell View Post
aren't you the guy who wants to be functional 24/7, so you cartwheel everywhere you go instead of catching a bus/ driving?

Yea that's you.

Honestly i think this is a troll.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness