Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 02:04 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times

Advertisements

Some people are just too old fashioned or jealous so they start threads like this stating the obvious... that some women are there to get attention.. and we thank them for that. They think society is falling apart because people have casual sex and aren't virgins until marriage. Whatever. They wish they were part of the action...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 02:46 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times
They may be looking for someone to pay the bills

Old 01-13-2015, 04:27 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,408,775 times
I noticed the little arrow that indicated I have already replied to this thread, and I dont remember what I said but people need to remember - "sexy" clothes as what some people may define it are actually regular and normal athletic/exercise apparel. The more a person exercises, the sexier their body gets, sooo........its normal that the NORMAL REGULAR and COMFORTABLE performance wear will show their sexiness. Only the old, fogey, Duggar family loving American Taliban types would get upset with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erzx90ym1no

Old 01-13-2015, 08:44 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,272,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
I need to join a gym....
You should, lol.

I might be middle aged and all but there are some sweet looking guys in my gym as well. Some guy in his 40s was walking out in form fitting jeans, cowboy boots, bow legs, etc. My lecherous eyes were on him the whole time. Happily married but wow, sex appeal in motion! . My particular gym is quite spectacular in this regard.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:14 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,594 times
i hate the gym. people are annoying

Old 01-15-2015, 10:39 AM

3,278 posts, read 5,385,334 times
Don't question it, just enjoy it.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:48 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I noticed the little arrow that indicated I have already replied to this thread, and I dont remember what I said but people need to remember - "sexy" clothes as what some people may define it are actually regular and normal athletic/exercise apparel. The more a person exercises, the sexier their body gets, sooo........its normal that the NORMAL REGULAR and COMFORTABLE performance wear will show their sexiness. Only the old, fogey, Duggar family loving American Taliban types would get upset with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erzx90ym1no
I agree. And "sexy" is very subjective. I suppose someone might "accuse" me of wearing "sexy" clothes to the gym, but honestly I dress for comfort. I wear my sport bra with a tight tank over it and stretchy yoga pants, because I do yoga, and then I might work out a bit. Most people I see at my gym are dressed accordingly. Some just happen to look "sexier" than others depending on their level of fitness.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:10 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Just wondering this while walking around my gym the other day. Women supposedly claim they dont want to get hit on at the gym and thats fine. So why can they just wear shorts/tshirts instead of these ridiculous spandex outfits and tank tops. Of course they are on the cardio eqpt.
The tip off is the makeup. Chicks who just want to work out and want people to leave them alone, might wear no makeup and make themselves as "ugly" as possible. Chicks who get dolled up and aren't really working out, well, they might be there to meet men. Not all of course, but its a good start.

As far as the workout gear goes, if you have a nice body, you want to show it off a bit. I don't see the harm.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:56 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Just wondering this while walking around my gym the other day. Women supposedly claim they dont want to get hit on at the gym and thats fine. So why can they just wear shorts/tshirts instead of these ridiculous spandex outfits and tank tops. Of course they are on the cardio eqpt.
Don't know, but I'm not going to complain about it either. I look at it as motivation for the workout.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:24 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree. And "sexy" is very subjective. I suppose someone might "accuse" me of wearing "sexy" clothes to the gym, but honestly I dress for comfort. I wear my sport bra with a tight tank over it and stretchy yoga pants, because I do yoga, and then I might work out a bit. Most people I see at my gym are dressed accordingly. Some just happen to look "sexier" than others depending on their level of fitness.
I have to agree sexy is in the eye of the beholder and I just dress for comfort too. I wear a pair of under armour style shorts and a old tee shirt. I put my hair in a pony tail/no makeup and work out. The gym has a big window on the street and people can look in and plenty of men look at me when they walk by (and not just glance, they look and turn their heads while walking so it's pretty obvious). Not all of them of course, but enough. Who knows, maybe they are thinking I look sexy and that's why they look at me. Or more likely they are thinking, "damn... she looks awful! Why doesn't she wear hot clothes like other women?" I really don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness