Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 2,219,583 times

Advertisements

Maria Kang is 5'4. She weighed 125lbs in this picture taken after having three kids. Fitness | Maria Kang

Her BMI is a healthy 21.5. I just saw that video clip and she looks perfectly normal wearing a tank top, not incredibly shredded but still a fit look. Her face does not have that sunken look.

What is wrong with society where they have to be so jealous of a fit girl? She is not telling anyone to look like her, but to be the best you can be.

Society can do a lot worse for a fit role model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 05:37 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yby1 View Post
People should have good eating habits. However to look like Maria Kang on this photo requires a diet that basically dehydrates you - this will help make your muscle definition visible. It's very high protein with practically no simple carbs. No bread, no fruit, no legumes. Then day of photo shoot or competition you rehydrate to make your muscles pop. This is very similar to what boxers do before weigh ins.

It's not a laypersons diet and not healthy for the long term. That's why body builders take breaks from this form of dieting.

Lots of people follow this form of dieting though for vanity reasons, then they eventually start getting health problems.
Do you know this is her diet for a fact?

Dehydration diets are often done only right before competition AND I know several people hotter and more fit looking who simply eat well or do paleo.

Crazy diet not necessary. Unless you mean crazy relative to the average crappy American diet.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:56 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,191,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Do you know this is her diet for a fact?

Dehydration diets are often done only right before competition AND I know several people hotter and more fit looking who simply eat well or do paleo.

Crazy diet not necessary. Unless you mean crazy relative to the average crappy American diet.
Yes, people aren't going to show that type of definition without some form of dehydration unless you have the genetics for it.

Maria Kang is a fitness pro, so I'm fairly certain she uses this diet method.

The Paleo diet can be dehydrating since it's very low carb. It's also a very expensive form of dieting.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Maria Kang is 5'4. She weighed 125lbs in this picture taken after having three kids. Fitness | Maria Kang

Her BMI is a healthy 21.5. I just saw that video clip and she looks perfectly normal wearing a tank top, not incredibly shredded but still a fit look. Her face does not have that sunken look.

What is wrong with society where they have to be so jealous of a fit girl? She is not telling anyone to look like her, but to be the best you can be.

Society can do a lot worse for a fit role model.
No one is jealous of a fit girl. Being 5'4" and 125 is typical for a fitness pro. BMI of 21.5 is not accurate. That is the typical weight to height scale that is not accurate for a fitness pro. Her BMI is lower.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM

330 posts, read 1,083,263 times
only fat chicks have a problem with this

Its all in how YOU take the statement.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, people aren't going to show that type of definition without some form of dehydration unless you have the genetics for it.

Maria Kang is a fitness pro, so I'm fairly certain she uses this diet method.

The Paleo diet can be dehydrating since it's very low carb. It's also a very expensive form of dieting.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your post - genetics will play the biggest part.

However, I do not see how paleo (a diet I have problems with for other reasons) is dehydrating.

Any person should be guzzling water all day. And most healthy people do.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:48 AM

2,758 posts, read 2,219,583 times
Quote:
No one is jealous of a fit girl. Being 5'4" and 125 is typical for a fitness pro. BMI of 21.5 is not accurate. That is the typical weight to height scale that is not accurate for a fitness pro. Her BMI is lower.
There is definite jealousy, most prominent among the females. Otherwise why are the majority of complaints stemming from women?

Matthew McConaughey is not the average male body. Yet no one is berating him for have one of the most fit bodies around. Most men want to have his build, not call him out for being unrealistic.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,894,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Matthew McConaughey is not the average male body. Yet no one is berating him for have one of the most fit bodies around. Most men want to have his build, not call him out for being unrealistic.
Matthew McConaughey hasn't made a poster either though, or if he has maybe you could post a link to it.

He also has never been pregnant, so that is another way you can't compare. Pregnancy has different effects on women's bodies. If you have a csection(the scarring defintely changed the appearance of my abdomen), stretch marks and looser skin than before you simply won't have the abs you had before. The musculature may even be there you just don't see it. That to me is my main problem with the picture. Simply working out alone, even in the same way that woman does, won't guarantee the same results.

But if most men want to have his build, why don't they? The average guy his age probably has a gut. What are their excuses?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head with your post - genetics will play the biggest part.

However, I do not see how paleo (a diet I have problems with for other reasons) is dehydrating.

Any person should be guzzling water all day. And most healthy people do.
Because you don't have the carbs in your system to retain water. It's very important to drink plenty of water on paleo moreso than a higher carb diet.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Because you don't have the carbs in your system to retain water. It's very important to drink plenty of water on paleo moreso than a higher carb diet.
You don't have to have refined carbs.
You still get carbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness