Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:55 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
Vemma Bod-e Program

I use Vemma Bode by Chris Powell
feels me up good after a workout and no whey or any of that crap in it
your vemma shake has whey concentrate, the cheaper whey protein available on the market. it also contains pea protein which is probably the cheapest form of protein available on the market (also known as gemma). im pretty sure if I looked up the brown rice protein ill find its also a cheap protein. so you are basically paying a premium for low end junk that is wrapped up in a pretty package.

http://www.vemma.com/bode/overview.cfm
"A proprietary blend of whey protein concentrate, organic pea protein and organic whole grain brown rice protein works to suppress your appetite and helps protect against muscle loss*"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 05:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
CaptainNJ wrote: it would be a complete and total joke to promote hemp protein. its funny how potheads have drawn the conclusion that everything made out of hemp is the most amazing thing in the world. but in the world where people want to be taken seriously; they aren't going to suggest hemp protein because anyone with a brain will laugh at them and stop listening to anything they say.

Of course you are welcome to express your opinion. If you feel OK using whey protein, then go ahead and do it by all means. However, hemp protein is no laughing matter. Hemp protein is already in widespread use among those who value good health. You are the only person I know of who who is laughing. Glad I could make you laugh. Laughter is good medicine.

I seriously doubt that most so-called potheads have even heard of hemp protein. They are too busy getting stoned.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:58 PM

this is a company that sells pure protein powders. you can check out your gemma, rice and whey concentrate and see how they are the least expensive proteins available.

True Nutrition

gemma - 6.99/lb
rice - 6.99/lb
whey concentrate - 7.99/lb

now, my favorite is the whey isolate.the cold filtration is 10.39/lb.

its fine if amber likes that product but it looks bad when you say "it doesn't have whey or any of that crap in it" when in the meantime it has low end whey protein and other lower end proteins in it.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
CaptainNJ wrote: it would be a complete and total joke to promote hemp protein. its funny how potheads have drawn the conclusion that everything made out of hemp is the most amazing thing in the world. but in the world where people want to be taken seriously; they aren't going to suggest hemp protein because anyone with a brain will laugh at them and stop listening to anything they say.

Of course you are welcome to express your opinion. If you feel OK using whey protein, then go ahead and do it by all means. However, hemp protein is no laughing matter. Hemp protein is already in widespread use among those who value good health. You are the only person I know of who who is laughing. Glad I could make you laugh. Laughter is good medicine.

I seriously doubt that most so-called potheads have even heard of hemp protein. They are too busy getting stoned.
its just a laughing matter when someone exaggerates its value. its fine enough im sure for someone who wants to avoid whey for whatever reason. but its certainly not superior to whey. if someone wants to suggest eggs protein is better or eating meat like chicken, beef, etc. is better that's fine. however, its not realistic to suggest hemp protein is better.

that web site I posted has hemp also, make sure you aren't paying more for yours than this:

http://www.truenutrition.com/p-949-h...ganic-1lb.aspx?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:35 PM

Paying a bit LESS per pound, but it comes in a 3 lb cannister. That is a good price when buying single pounds at a time. Thanks for the link.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:53 PM

CaptainNJ wrote: its just a laughing matter when someone exaggerates its value. its fine enough im sure for someone who wants to avoid whey for whatever reason. but its certainly not superior to whey. if someone wants to suggest eggs protein is better or eating meat like chicken, beef, etc. is better that's fine. however, its not realistic to suggest hemp protein is better.

Once again, laugh all you want. Laughter is good medicine! In my experience, there is no exaggeration! In my body, which is my barometer for judging the effectiveness of various protein powders, whey protein is completely indegestible. It FEELS like poison in my system. On the other hand, hemp protein digests very easily and leaves me feeling energized. Naturally I'm going to talk about whey with a negative slant and play up the merits of hemp, Just like you are putting whey protein on a pedestal.

Apparently whey works just fine for you so you assume that whey is superior to hemp, just like I assume that hemp is superior to whey. We are two peas in a pod my friend.

Protein powder comparisons by Shape Magazine

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 11-24-2013 at 07:11 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 07:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
CaptainNJ wrote: its just a laughing matter when someone exaggerates its value. its fine enough im sure for someone who wants to avoid whey for whatever reason. but its certainly not superior to whey. if someone wants to suggest eggs protein is better or eating meat like chicken, beef, etc. is better that's fine. however, its not realistic to suggest hemp protein is better.

Once again, laugh all you want. Laughter is good medicine! In my experience, there is no exaggeration! In my body, which is my barometer for judging the effectiveness of various protein powders, whey protein is completely indegestible. It FEELS like poison in my system. On the other hand, hemp protein digests very easily and leaves me feeling energized. Naturally I'm going to talk about whey with a negative slant and play up the merits of hemp, Just like you are putting whey protein on a pedestal.

Apparently whey works just fine for you so you assume that whey is superior to hemp, just like I assume that hemp is superior to whey. We are two peas in a pod my friend.

Well, when you state something like this:

Quote:
Soy, and especially whey protein powders are rather dubious things to put into ones body if you value good health. Hemp protein is the way to go. Since the amino acid profile of hemp protein is a very close match to the needs of the body, it is easily digestible.
It really shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:

what whey have you used? cheaper powders where whey concentrate is the base give me terrible gas. so id stay away from the whey concentrate. but whey isolate works well for me.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:29 PM

I don't know the brands. It has been many years since I used soy or whey. Once I discovered how nicely hemp performed in my body, I've had no desire to pollute my body with whey or soy. They are incompatible with my body. Rice is a little bit better but not much. Pea protein works quite well too, but hemp works for me best of all.

I will reiterate, and put more emphasis on the good health part: Soy, and especially whey protein powders are rather dubious things to put into ones body if you value good health. Hemp protein is the way to go. Since the amino acid profile of hemp protein is a very close match to the needs of the body, it is easily digestible.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
I don't know the brands. It has been many years since I used soy or whey. Once I discovered how nicely hemp performed in my body, I've had no desire to pollute my body with whey or soy. They are poisons in my body.

I will reiterate, and put more emphasis on the good health part: Soy, and especially whey protein powders are rather dubious things to put into ones body if you value good health. Hemp protein is the way to go. Since the amino acid profile of hemp protein is a very close match to the needs of the body, it is easily digestible.
You are incorrect on all accounts.

Please provide your sources stating this, so i can throw back fifty more stating you are incorrect, if I even feel like wasting my time doing so since you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness