Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times

Advertisements

Drink a bottle of water before you eat any meal, DON'T skip breakfast it starts your metabolism, give up soda, remember working out does not mean you can eat more than before, and more important pounds lost does not change your body shape toning up does (muscle weighs more than fat).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'll tell you my diet basically. In the morning after gym I'll have egg whites, slice of turkey bacon and a protein shake. I have a 100 calorie almond pack for a snack/apple/cucumber slices/muscle milk for snacks. Lunch today I had a baked chicken breast and veggies. Dinner tonight will be baked chicken and steamed broccoli.

I'm not a drinker except for wine which was on Turkey day. If I do have a drink it's a glass of wine but that's on occasion.

I'm not eating anything I shouldn't. I was ripped in Miami and out here in Denver, it's not happening at all. I can't even sweat doing the same cardio I did in Miami where I was drenched. It makes no sense to me. I haven't changed a thing about my workout routine either.
You need to eat BEFORE you work out even if it's just yogurt. You're going to sabotage yourself otherwise. I also didn't see water anywhere in your diet. One of the habits of thin people is drinking water all day.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
My last bmi was at 17%. I'm 5'4" and 145 but 10lbs is in my girls, lol. I'm not fat by any means but I want to get back down to the 135 I was at in Miami and I was definitely cut-arms, abs, and back. I've always had big legs-not defined but just thick. I have the typical hour glass figure with the broad back, thin waist and thick hips/legs.
That's a BMI of 24.9, not 17, which is the max before you are considered overweight.

According to the CDC you should weigh between 108 & 145.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:14 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
That's a BMI of 24.9, not 17, which is the max before you are considered overweight.

According to the CDC you should weigh between 108 & 145.
BMI isn't always correct because it doesn't account for muscle and bone density. The OP probably went and got her BF% measured with calipers or a hydrostatic tank

Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
My last bmi was at 17%. I'm 5'4" and 145 but 10lbs is in my girls, lol. I'm not fat by any means but I want to get back down to the 135 I was at in Miami and I was definitely cut-arms, abs, and back. I've always had big legs-not defined but just thick. I have the typical hour glass figure with the broad back, thin waist and thick hips/legs.
Do you mean BMI or Body fat at 17%?

If body fat, that is pretty good for a female, to get any lower, you would have to start specializing your diet a lot more, and/or up your workout a lot. This is the point where it gets difficult to drop below without really micromanaging your diet and exercise. But once you are there, it is a lot easier to stay there than to get there.

If you are at 17% BF and gained some weight, you either gained a little body fat, or gained a little muscle. But at 17%, I would not be complaining.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:22 AM

302 posts, read 368,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRock View Post
Eat fruits and veggies. That's it. You won't get a deficiency in such short period of time. Cook it, make soups or whatever. But no sauces etc. Eat as much as you want.

Don't overdo the cardio if you eat like this, you will get too hungry and then overeat.
Totally agree with this post !

BTW if you are determined to lose the pounds , you should also get rid of the white sugar / flour / rice AND dairy ( not eggs ) . This is what I did when I was body building - works like magic !

Make sure you are getting the right level of vitamins / minerals as this diet may be a shock to your system .

Being in a high altitude your body will work harder than @ sea level . Good luck !

Old 12-03-2013, 06:55 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Sorry BF was at 17%. I do drink a ton of water and sometimes wine on occasion and 2% milk. I think I'm going to throw in some protein bars before the gym as well.

If I lose it, I do. If I don't, I don't. It's just something I want to accomplish

Old 12-03-2013, 07:26 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Sorry BF was at 17%. I do drink a ton of water and sometimes wine on occasion and 2% milk. I think I'm going to throw in some protein bars before the gym as well.

If I lose it, I do. If I don't, I don't. It's just something I want to accomplish
If you want to lose, you need to count. You are drinking protein shakes, adding protein bars, drinking wine and milk, on top of eating food that does not contain a lot of fruits and vegetables. You are likely just eating too many calories.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Have sex more often. Be on top and do all of the work.

Last edited by Felix C; 12-03-2013 at 08:04 AM..

Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 AM

458 posts, read 1,248,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmj nyc View Post
Totally agree with this post !

BTW if you are determined to lose the pounds , you should also get rid of the white sugar / flour / rice AND dairy ( not eggs ) . This is what I did when I was body building - works like magic !
What? That sounds like a horrible diet to do, especially for bodybuilding. Just count your calories, there's no reason to do something stupid like restrict yourself to only fruits and veggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness