Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 04:11 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times

Advertisements

Continue eating Primal (a version of Paleo) and lose another 35 lbs. That would make for a total of 160 lbs lost. Woot. I walk about 20 miles a week, so I plan to continue with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 AM

29 posts, read 32,486 times
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Here's some tips and pointers that might help.

When Boredom Strikes, Don’t Take it to the Kitchen!

If you're in any abdominal fat loss or body sculpting regime, you should bust these unhealthy eating habits once and for all. These are jeopardizing your weight and unless you deal with them first, you won't go far on your weight loss venture no matter how effective your program is. Below are some tips to get you started:

Step 1. Understand the Culprit

The first step in beating your unhealthy eating habits is to recognize them. There are many times throughout the day when you eat out of boredom and the trick is to emind yourself that you're really eating for no reason and stop it before you grab that glazed donut in your hand.

Step 2. Chew a Sugar-free Gum

Sometimes, all you need is a gum to kick that nasty habit to the curb. Many people feel that popping a sugar free gum helps increase concentration, relax and relieve boredom. Additionally after you chew a gum, a fresh palate can make food less appealing.

Step 3. Drink a Glass of Water

You could be mistaking hunger for thirst and grab something unhealthy when all you need is just a glass of water. So the next time you think you're hungry, sip some good ol' H20. It will hydrate your body and stave off what you think is hunger but is actually just thirst.

Step 4 Go for a Healthier Option

If after chugging a glass of water, you still can't resist the temptation to eat, go for something healthy such as an, apple, banana or a turkey wrap. For drinks, try fresh fruit or a smoothie instead of fizzy drinks like soda. You can have these foods with a slice of confidence without worrying about having to burn lots of calories later on.

Step 5. Distract Yourself

Rather than lounging around in your home, do something that will take your attention away from your tummy to something more interesting. Call up a friend, read a good book, learn something new, take the dog outside for a walk. Do fun and healthy activities that engage your brain. You'll not only make productive use of your time, you'll also save yourself from eating food that your body doesn’t need.

I hope it make sense.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:57 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
My biggest problem is eating enough so that I don't lose weight.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Looks like I wont reach my 181 lb limit by valentines day. What an Epic Fail !!!!!! .

OK, Backup Goal. 178 lb by memorial day. If this cant be done, then I officially suck at working out and am giving up.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Looks like I wont reach my 181 lb limit by valentines day. What an Epic Fail !!!!!! .

OK, Backup Goal. 178 lb by memorial day. If this cant be done, then I officially suck at working out and am giving up.
Remember something is better than nothing. My new job has me so busy and stressed I didn't work out for a week..........yep starting gaining weight and more stressed.

So today I said I am just going to go the gym and do something. 1st 10 of cardio wanted to give up, made it past 20. My normal is 60 minutes. Something is better than nothing.

Give it a try......show up to the gym and do something which is better than gaining calories on CD

Old 02-06-2014, 02:05 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Remember something is better than nothing. My new job has me so busy and stressed I didn't work out for a week..........yep starting gaining weight and more stressed.

So today I said I am just going to go the gym and do something. 1st 10 of cardio wanted to give up, made it past 20. My normal is 60 minutes. Something is better than nothing.

Give it a try......show up to the gym and do something which is better than gaining calories on CD
Let me see how much I can lose before beach season begins on memorial day.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:59 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Let me see how much I can lose before beach season begins on memorial day.
A useful tip that I have found is...........focus on the actions you are doing not the goal. If I do the actions I need to whether it be sales or weight loss I will achieve the goal, focus on the actions not the goal.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:24 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I started just cutting portions. Now I'm thinking of changing some of the stuff I eat. Started at 215 in Dec. Goal is 175, but no date set. So far I'm down to 198

Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhopper View Post
1) Get BF below 20% for 1H-2014
2) Focus on tone, posture, and strength for 2H-2014

I've successfully achieved one dietary habit that made a positive impact on my life. I have to work on stress eating (which unfortunately I still engage in from time to time). More than anything I have to establish reasonable goals so I can push several positive and healthy desires/wants over the hurdle so they become routine habits.
I have not been accountable to my commitments for 2014. To date, I have not met a minimum level of routine exercise (3x per week) and I've made poor food choices. I do believe my goals were reasonable and I still seek to achieve them. If I don't, it will be the result of continued poor decision making and not prioritizing my wellness first.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
sooooooo I gave up on the concept of being shredded for march for an upcoming vacation. I just convinced myself enough to lose my motivation to do what it takes to get really cut. so im about 180lbs, decent amount of muscle but a fatty pants. im embarrassed about the failure but I feel obligated to shame myself and suck it up by posting a pic. I basically gave myself almost total freedom to pig out every evening.

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 03-01-2014 at 02:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness