U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Woman with more attractive body shape
1 39 55.71%
2 31 44.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 07:09 PM

4,827 posts, read 2,856,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I like the emoticons because they are to be used as tools to convey ones thoughts and emotions which is why they are available here on CD. Didnt see anything about them be located in any "kids only" section.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
I didn't say it was against the rules. I said slapping your head and giving someone the hand is childish. Do you really think the stallion comment was so stupid that you needed to slap your head and give him the hand? Do you communicate that way in real life?
Rate this post positively

Old 03-19-2015, 07:38 AM

640 posts, read 741,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Hey, no worries! I understood what was in your heart....
Awesome and thanks for being a cool and down to earth chic.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM

9,793 posts, read 10,917,240 times
Language is all that separates humanity from the beasts in the fields. Proper, nee exemplary, use of language is all that distinguishes a superior presenter from one with lesser gifts, in the context of an anonymous online interaction. I'm in agreement with King's Gambit that, regardless of gypsychics grace and diplomacy in the handling of Nativeson's gaffe, harm was done. Future historians, sifting through the radioactive ashes of a post apocalypse United States of America, will note the timing of the introduction of the phrase "it's all good" into English vernacular, and the beginnings of the social death spiral towards nuclear Armageddon.

H

Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 AM

4,827 posts, read 2,856,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Language is all that separates humanity from the beasts in the fields. Proper, nee exemplary, use of language is all that distinguishes a superior presenter from one with lesser gifts, in the context of an anonymous online interaction. I'm in agreement with King's Gambit that, regardless of gypsychics grace and diplomacy in the handling of Nativeson's gaffe, harm was done. Future historians, sifting through the radioactive ashes of a post apocalypse United States of America, will note the timing of the introduction of the phrase "it's all good" into English vernacular, and the beginnings of the social death spiral towards nuclear Armageddon.

H
Nice attempt at eloquence, but your content is sorely lacking. Much more separates us from the beasts of the field than language. A prefrontal cortex that permits moral reasoning, for example. As far as online "presenters," what is said is far more important than how it is said. Your post is a great example. Even the best presentation of a bad idea is still a bad idea.

Either way, what does any of this have to do with a headslap and "talk to the hand" emoticon? Is that exemplary language? Also, no harm was done with the use of the word "stallion." In order for there to be harm, there must be a victim. There was no victim.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:44 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,101,066 times
~~~

Old 03-19-2015, 01:05 PM

640 posts, read 741,614 times
I will say this though, different cultures use different words in different ways, if that makes any sense to you'll. I grew up in "Urban America" and in my culture the word "Stallion" is one of many words used to give compliment to a very curvy woman. Also in the "Urban Dictionary" (which you can find online) one of the definitions given for the word "Stallion" is "a fine woman that's thick in all the right places and is strong mentally and physically. Now tell me how is that not a compliment to a woman? But then again a person like myslef might need to be more careful when using urban lingo (depending on the setting) b/c everyone may not be familiar with it, ESPECIALLY a person who did not grow up in Urban America or who doesn't have friends who grew up in Urban America. I do respect what everyone is saying though.

Last edited by NativeSon504; 03-19-2015 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-19-2015, 01:56 PM

9,793 posts, read 10,917,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
I will say this though, different cultures use different words in different ways, if that makes any sense to you'll. I grew up in "Urban America" and in my culture the word "Stallion" is one of many words used to give compliment to a very curvy woman. Also in the "Urban Dictionary" (which you can find online) one of the definitions given for the word "Stallion" is "a fine woman that's thick in all the right places and is strong mentally and physically. Now tell me how is that not a compliment to a woman? But then again a person like myslef might need to be more careful when using urban lingo (depending on the setting) b/c everyone may not be familiar with it, ESPECIALLY a person who did not grow up in Urban America or who doesn't have friends who grew up in Urban America. I do respect what everyone is saying though.
Be at peace... son. I for one was just having some good clean fun at your expense. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the placement of a dirty bomb in an Animal Shelter and 1 being the successful separation of conjoined twins you rated a 7. We'll heal. Go, and Sin no more.

H

Old 03-19-2015, 02:41 PM
bg7

7,696 posts, read 9,442,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Yep - Stallion in my culture only refers to males, based on a Stallion being the lead male horse. A woman would certainly consider it an insult. Well,.... most women anyway.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:05 PM

48,259 posts, read 69,254,753 times
I guess this thread is done.
Closed.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.