U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Woman with more attractive body shape
1 39 55.71%
2 31 44.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2014, 02:42 PM
 
Location: USA
25,432 posts, read 17,890,088 times
Reputation: 15958

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Another woman :P checking in. Build has a lot to do with it too. And muscle mass. When I was 18, I weighed about 175, which people always guessed incorrectly. Guy friends would $hit-talk about how such and such girl was over 140 and had obviously let herself go. They were floored by my weight. I thought my a$$/hips were too big - and was a lifeguard so they were always on display - but guys loved it. I'm 5'10" and have always been off the charts for normal BMI. My ideal fitness weight is in the lower end of overweight. I once went down to 125 (swim team - fly was my thing and my back and shoulders were insanely muscular, snowboarding instructor, waitressing, and going to school full time) and everyone started giving me mini-interventions about being anorexic. I wasn't. At all. But I DID look emaciated. I didn't have time to eat and waitressing... smelling all that food, oversatiated any appetite I would have had. My meal of the day was a doozy, around 10am - an everything bagel, toasted with cream cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I only drank water and gatorade other times of the day. Maybe a few crackers at night, between tables. But without fail, whenever I slipped under 160, people would start with the emaciation comments.

These were taken at 175. I wore a size 10 (even at 125lbs., I was still a 10), had a 29-inch waist, and was a 34D. A medium shirt would go on my body but it was TIGHT on my shoulders and chest. A large fit much better:

[IMG][/IMG]
You do look great. Goes to show you that BMI charts and all that crap means nothing to many when it comes to being fit.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,222 posts, read 3,308,804 times
Reputation: 3393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Here is what 5'7" and 125 lb looks like. Pretty sexy, womanly, and attractive

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hAlmj-_8Iw...2BSanchez5.jpg

5'10" and 165 lb is a disgusting failed turnoff in my opinion :

http://changeyourchoices.files.wordp...g-whitney1.jpg
2nd woman all day, any day. I'm a solid man, I like a girl with a little cushion ...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 03:03 PM
2K5Gx2km
 
n/a posts
Let's be honest - all day any day I would like to have both of those beauties. You know any man who was alone with those two, and either of them started to come on to you, you would in a heart beat not ask this question - you would simply oblige them and thank Ms. Aphrodite.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 07:46 PM
 
1,115 posts, read 2,280,986 times
Reputation: 2126
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
In my long life, I have found that very fit women with a dream figure have attitude "problems" while more "average" shaped women are real and down to earth. Even though it boosts my ego to be with a dream woman, average women are much better companions and not as selfish.
Quoted for truth.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:27 PM
 
Location: West of Louisiana, East of New Mexico
2,796 posts, read 2,506,377 times
Reputation: 6564
Weight doesn't matter with men or women.

It's all about where it's located, the bone structure of the person and their overall muscle tone. A '5-8" 210 lb man with 12% body fat may easily have a more attractive body than a '6-0" 195 lb man with 19% body fat.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 12,796,498 times
Reputation: 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Weight doesn't matter with men or women.

It's all about where it's located, the bone structure of the person and their overall muscle tone. A '5-8" 210 lb man with 12% body fat may easily have a more attractive body than a '6-0" 195 lb man with 19% body fat.
I took body fat into consideration while posting both options
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
 
3,702 posts, read 3,544,123 times
Reputation: 8529
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Another woman :P checking in. Build has a lot to do with it too. And muscle mass. When I was 18, I weighed about 175, which people always guessed incorrectly. Guy friends would $hit-talk about how such and such girl was over 140 and had obviously let herself go. They were floored by my weight. I thought my a$$/hips were too big - and was a lifeguard so they were always on display - but guys loved it. I'm 5'10" and have always been off the charts for normal BMI. My ideal fitness weight is in the lower end of overweight. I once went down to 125 (swim team - fly was my thing and my back and shoulders were insanely muscular, snowboarding instructor, waitressing, and going to school full time) and everyone started giving me mini-interventions about being anorexic. I wasn't. At all. But I DID look emaciated. I didn't have time to eat and waitressing... smelling all that food, oversatiated any appetite I would have had. My meal of the day was a doozy, around 10am - an everything bagel, toasted with cream cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I only drank water and gatorade other times of the day. Maybe a few crackers at night, between tables. But without fail, whenever I slipped under 160, people would start with the emaciation comments.

These were taken at 175. I wore a size 10 (even at 125lbs., I was still a 10), had a 29-inch waist, and was a 34D. A medium shirt would go on my body but it was TIGHT on my shoulders and chest. A large fit much better:

[IMG][/IMG]
Exactly, you look great - your husband is a fortunate man. I had two sisters who modeled and one was always harping on weight and I would always tell her it doesn't matter how much you weigh its how well you look based on distribution, fitness, and tone.

I'm constantly annoyed at how many people are misled by weight or BMI, (yes it does serve a basic purpose for supplying a range) but, it in no way reflects accurate portrayal of health based upon body typology (ectomorph, endo-, meso- etc) - distribution/ displacement and level of fitness.

I have a nice example currently residing in a neighboring unit where I live. The young woman played collegiate basketball, she's probably 5'11-6'0ish 170-180 and looks great, she's just a solid large frame woman.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 PM
 
Location: I live wherever I am.
1,934 posts, read 4,328,440 times
Reputation: 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So, here are the physical body specifications of 2 gals:
  1. 5'7", 124 lb, 20% body fat
  2. 5'10" 166 lb, 24% body fat
Who, in your mind would have a more attractive body shape.

For me, its 1 all the way. Skinny and fit looks amazing on women.

Hefty, um...., not so much.
The second one for sure.

But I'd prefer option C... with my wife's dimensions and % body fat. Whatever they are right now, they come together to create the most beautiful woman alive.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,661 posts, read 36,436,319 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Exactly, you look great - your husband is a fortunate man. I had two sisters who modeled and one was always harping on weight and I would always tell her it doesn't matter how much you weigh its how well you look based on distribution, fitness, and tone.

I'm constantly annoyed at how many people are misled by weight or BMI, (yes it does serve a basic purpose for supplying a range) but, it in no way reflects accurate portrayal of health based upon body typology (ectomorph, endo-, meso- etc) - distribution/ displacement and level of fitness.

I have a nice example currently residing in a neighboring unit where I live. The young woman played collegiate basketball, she's probably 5'11-6'0ish 170-180 and looks great, she's just a solid large frame woman.
This describes my wife when we met long ago.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Encino, CA
686 posts, read 1,121,270 times
Reputation: 986
http://data3.whicdn.com/images/55699263/large.jpg

This is a pretty good body shape. This is the kind I like and prefer on women.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top