Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:13 AM

46 posts, read 51,524 times

Advertisements

Thank you - going to try these today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
You want better cardio? Do burpees
Want better endurance? Do burpees
Want better conditioning? Do burpees
Want your body to be better sculpted? Do burpees
Want an overall stronger body? Do burpees

I've added burpees in every exercise program I do. Even if I go running, bicycling, swimming, climbing I'll add burpees. It's such an effective and convenient exercise that targets the whole body, will add strength, conditioning and cardio and you can do it ANYWHERE.

Do your burpees! If you don't do the hard exercises, then don't exercise.
Cannot disagree with this. Burpees are great for all of those things. I HATE burpees. HATE them!!! But I do them because I know they are absolutely fantastic for me. They really do result in all of those things you mentioned.

Everyone should be doing burpees.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Those were regular parts of PE when I was a kid (70s), then I heard they were banned for some reason. Tried to do them a couple years ago...lets say I need to get in shape to do them.
I hope that isn't true. Why ban such a great exercise?

Old 03-31-2014, 08:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 7,795,049 times
Burpees are for women and children.

My friends and I do burpees after some beer.

I was crossing the street when I was suddenly hit by a bus. I immediately died...Chuck Norris picked me up and made me do some modified super mega burpees (a la Weekend at Bernie's) and that saved me.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,077 times
Thumbs up Hooray for burpees!

As a kid in gym class, I really hated burpees. That may have had something to do with my overweight gym teacher bossing me around... Now burpees they are an essential part of my leg circuit training. Here is a good video on how to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWshKHKpZY

Old 04-01-2014, 11:02 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
I forgot that I made this thread (like many others I always abandon) but yes, burpees are awesome! I'm glad others agree and for those that disagree or think they aren't essential, well that's fine. Just TRUST our word that burpees will get you into fantastic shape and can translate well into everything else.

My favorite cardio and conditioning that don't require any special equipment and strictly body weight are burpees and swimming.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM

46 posts, read 51,524 times
I tried them yesterday - they are challenging! I felt awkward until I got the rhythm. Also, the ones I tried differed from the video shown in a previous post. When I youtube'd it, the woman demonstrating incorporated plank into a push up and then back up/jump. Goes to show how much variation you can do with them depending on your fitness level.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:57 PM

6,459 posts, read 7,795,049 times
Essential?

Old 04-01-2014, 05:15 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-fused View Post
essential?
yes!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:18 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Do your burpees! If you don't do the hard exercises, then don't exercise.
Oh, I get it - April Fool's Day and the fools are out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
wanna get rich- do burpees
cure cancer- do burpees
global warming-do burpees
LOL! Do they do windows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness