Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 PM

893 posts, read 885,847 times

Advertisements

This thread is absolutely useless without pictures! !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom
Hon I have been a gym rat for over 30 years, and I have NEVER gone without undies. And I have never heard of a gal doing that at the gym! You need undies to absorb sweat and odor, and to prevent tacky displays of crotches and buns. Good LORD. Where did you people grow up, in a barn???
totally agree with you!

This is why I carry 2 towels at the gym: one to put on the area where I sit for the machines and for my face if I'm sweating. Some people are so disgusting at gyms I don't want their body moisture anywhere near me.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:01 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hon I have been a gym rat for over 30 years, and I have NEVER gone without undies. And I have never heard of a gal doing that at the gym! You need undies to absorb sweat and odor, and to prevent tacky displays of crotches and buns. Good LORD. Where did you people grow up, in a barn???
Not I. Going commando is the comfortable way to work out, IMO, especially since I run on the treadmill mostly. Unlike some other people, I go to the gym just to work out. Getting rid of sweat is the reason showers exist.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:10 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not I. Going commando is the comfortable way to work out, IMO,
I was unaware so many women go without underwear while working out; no wonder I see no panty lines on women with tight yoga pants.

I not dare go commando at the gym. When I'm lifting, blood is pumping throughout my body; especially through my main vein

Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
I shower and change every day at lunch. I have my gym clothes with me, which includes workout panties. Proper workout panties do not give "wedgies". Increasing laundry items should never be on a list of reasons to not wear underwear.

Wow. Just wow.
Quote:
I agree with you. It's more hygienic and a common curtsey to other who use the equipment too... no one wants someone else's vaginal fluids and crotch and butt sweat on the equipment. if someone's panties is giving them wedgies... they need bigger panties, plain and simple.

Reading stuff like this makes me so glad I don't use a public gym anymore (I have exercise equipment in my house that I use). I was grossed out enough when it was just other people's sweat on the equipment, now that I know it might be other body fluids as well... yuck, yuck, yuck.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:26 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
So many first world woes are discussed in these forums.

People wear what they want whether others like it or not. If her laundry is flapping in the breeze what difference does it make to any?
If it repulses you do as a conservative and don't look. It's not your life and none of your concern.
If you feel you must, do as a liberal. Stick your nose into another's life, tell her you don't appreciate it and demand she comply to your wishes or you will report her to a gestapo figure in the gym.
I wonder how many have used a community shower as found in a sports locker room. Everyone is naked, lathered up and wet. Some are bending over and showing who knows what to everyone.

Meanwhile...people are protesting in Crimea for basic human rights.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:06 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
So many first world woes are discussed in these forums.

People wear what they want whether others like it or not. If her laundry is flapping in the breeze what difference does it make to any?
If it repulses you do as a conservative and don't look. It's not your life and none of your concern.
If you feel you must, do as a liberal. Stick your nose into another's life, tell her you don't appreciate it and demand she comply to your wishes or you will report her to a gestapo figure in the gym.
I wonder how many have used a community shower as found in a sports locker room. Everyone is naked, lathered up and wet. Some are bending over and showing who knows what to everyone.

Meanwhile...people are protesting in Crimea for basic human rights.
This thread is getting ridiculous. It has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative at all. It has to do with common courtesy. If you were having a wardrobe malfunction or had spinach in your teeth or toilet paper stuck to your shoe, wouldn't you want someone to tell you? Or would you rather walk around blissfully ignorant that you'd just flashed an entire roomful of people? I really don't understand the people insisting that she's wearing see-through garments on purpose and anyone thinking of pointing it out is jealous or a busybody.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-07-2014 at 10:23 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This thread is getting ridiculous.
I agreeā€¦ Hasn't it run it's course yet? Paging Elnina ...

Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I'm 48 years old and have had an active gym membership since I was fifteen. I've also been an aerobics instructor and a personal trainer as well as a STOTT pilates reformer instructor. I've been around a gym.

I have never seen anyone at the gym in see through pants.

It the mall yes, the gym never. Ever.
Blueherons, ah yes, as an instructor you see everyone's FRONT sides, not so much their butts when they're squatting or folding forward. And in Pilates people are usually sitting on their rear ends so again you wouldn't see that side.

Yes that is an advantage of being an instructor. Seeing people's faces instead of their butts

Old 03-07-2014, 08:10 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not I. Going commando is the comfortable way to work out, IMO, especially since I run on the treadmill mostly. Unlike some other people, I go to the gym just to work out. Getting rid of sweat is the reason showers exist.
Hopefully you don't sit anywhere while you are there. Really..this is disgusting and very unhygienic. Showers exist to get us clean. Absorbing sweat and odors is what underwear is for. Thank goodness are don't go to MY gym!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness