Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:02 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
What do you have to lose and if that doesn't work then what the heck you can always go back to evening training.
Very true, I may try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Making this statement shows that some are clueless.
My husband snacks all the time but he is diabetic and has to eat something every 2 hours to keep his blood sugar stable.

General blanket statements are useless most of the time since one does not know all the details of someone else's dietary needs.
yah but how did he get the diabetus in the first place? snacking like a fat kid with the munchies?

if he has type 2, then there's an 80% chance he is a fattie and did it to himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
No I typically work out right after work, but last night I was busy. I SHOULD have just gotten up earlier & done it in the AM.
i keep it flexible. if i wanna sleep in a bit then i just go after work. i hate going after work though because it is so crowded and there is never any parking.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:01 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
From an evolutionary standpoint we are predisposed to crave fat and sugar, that is just the way it is. But, I do my best to stay away from temptation and always have nutritous food with me at work so I don't cave. Some days are easier than others but occasionally I say to hell with it. As long as it's the exception and not the rule its okay. Never had a weight problem but my doctor would argue my LDL and triglycerides tell a different story lol. Anyway, vanity prevents me from getting fat but discipline is required to keep my cholesterol numbers from going through the roof. But hey, I'm not looking to live forever. Sometimes I just gotta have that pizza and chocolate.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
From an evolutionary standpoint we are predisposed to crave fat and sugar, that is just the way it is. But, I do my best to stay away from temptation and always have nutritous food with me at work so I don't cave. Some days are easier than others but occasionally I say to hell with it. As long as it's the exception and not the rule its okay. Never had a weight problem but my doctor would argue my LDL and triglycerides tell a different story lol. Anyway, vanity prevents me from getting fat but discipline is required to keep my cholesterol numbers from going through the roof. But hey, I'm not looking to live forever. Sometimes I just gotta have that pizza and chocolate.
Nicely put. Every day is different. Yesterday there were leftovers and I didn't want anything to do with it. I know sometimes I crave more when I have a harder workout the night before, and am trying to incorporate more protein into my diet in the mornings.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 579 times
No one really likes to diet. it means doing without or eating things you don't like. It really has to be looked at as a lifestyle and every day habit of what you eat and when. We all have different body chemistry and it can be difficult. I have found a great natural supplement that works great without "dieting" but its key to maintain healthy lifestyle even when using it. Here it is if interested: Weightloss-ForLife.net | Burn the fat!

Old 03-15-2014, 11:20 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
I indulged today at kfc and.hooters, no big deal I will do some yard work and cardio tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:10 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob vangely View Post
No one really likes to diet. it means doing without or eating things you don't like. It really has to be looked at as a lifestyle and every day habit of what you eat and when. We all have different body chemistry and it can be difficult. I have found a great natural supplement that works great without "dieting" but its key to maintain healthy lifestyle even when using it. Here it is if interested: Weightloss-ForLife.net | Burn the fat!

'diet' really is a stupid word. just call it 'eating healthy'. boom. doesn't sound so scary now, does it. i don't diet. i eat well. mostly. sometimes i eat a bowl of mashed potatoes and cookies at 4am. sometimes i dont. i dont restrict myself. but i do eat healthy and always go to the gym.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 AM

72 posts, read 113,501 times
I gave up cookies, candy, ice cream, etc for lent and it has been extremely difficult. Once you get passed the first week though, it actually becomes almost like a habit and you rarely think about it! Just try to remember to pack your lunch for work with enough food so you don't crave anything, or allow your sugar levels to dip. Bring in some green tea and make yourself a hot cup when you are wanting something sweet. I've started making a fruit smoothie every morning with a little bit of spinach and it really helps keep any sweet craving down for the entire day.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
I guess it's employee appreciation day or whatever. I have been trying to lose some weight, and I hate days like this. I brought my healthy food, and on a normal day it's easy for me to stick to what I brought but today...

We have this long table near the kitchen. It is literally covered end to end with boxes & baskets full of croissants, bagels, brownies, cookies, the list goes on & on. I managed to grab just a yogurt parfait (after having my oatmeal), but now I'm at that point where I'm hungry in between breakfast & lunch and all I want to do is go over there. I can't just grab one little thing...I'll just keep coming back for more! I hate this! I won't have time to work out after work...otherwise I probably would just say screw it.
You know - you are definitely not alone! I'm pretty fit for my age compared to most guys I know and I try to stay gluten free, and certified organic, etc for what I eat. But the truth is that it is darned hard (major understatement) to avoid binge eating junk food when there aren't healthy alternatives readily available (within reach) when I'm hungry. Just yesterday I succumbed to eating some cake that a business-neighbor bakery brought in for me to share with my customers (I own a popular store, so the bakery owner to encourage me to refer people to them brought in a massive platter of bite-sized samples). I resisted for all of 20 minutes and just had to have a bite, and once I did, three more quickly followed. It didn't help that I was without snacks from home, was working my but off (and had been for about 4 hours, and didn't see the chance to eat anything else for 2 more hours. It was my mistake for not planning ahead yesterday.

I've had some success though by regularly doing the following - I travel with/keep on hand healthy snacks so I feel like I have a choice when those snacking/hunger urges hit. Great/simple snacks are fruit or nut mixes (that I assemble without sugar/salt from a bulk food or organic section of a grocery store), or gluten-free/low sugar cereal bars. I've recently ordered but have yet to receive my first pack of snacks from "Naturebox" which I ordered online after hearing a podcast that convinced me it may be an affordable way to stock up on snacks that are healthy. Hopefully the Naturebox stuff tastes great (I kept with gluten free, but there is sugar in what I selected) and lasts me a while.

Perhaps my strategy will work for you? (I will post here a review of Naturebox stuff when I get it in a few days).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness