Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,217,966 times

Advertisements

Please make sure you don't have a thyroid problem. Then be disciplined about your eating habits. Don't "forget" to eat. btdt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,761,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Please make sure you don't have a thyroid problem. Then be disciplined about your eating habits. Don't "forget" to eat. btdt
Thyroid cancer is actually a common problem among Asian women.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,819,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Lift weights, low reps high weight and allow your body recovery time, only workout 2 times a week, no more. Good luck.
Great advice. That is how you build bulk.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:33 PM

14 posts, read 24,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
Yeah, everyone tells me to start working out but if I do so, wouldn't I just look all musclely and gross?? (I'm a girl btw) Ijust want to gain weight first THEN workout to tone down...if I start working out now with no fat on my body, i think ill just look really ripped which is so unattractive

P.s. don't eat rice? Ahh it doesn't help that I'm Asian! Lol :'(
You are asian. There's nothing you can do about it except marry a non-asian and not inflict it on your kids.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 AM

6 posts, read 9,355 times
Start eating healthy foods like sugar, rice, potato etc..... And eat enough food you want to eat. It helps you to gain weight. You can also take supplements, but I personally not in favor to use supplements to gain weight.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,150,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatche View Post
Start eating healthy foods like sugar, rice, potato etc..... And eat enough food you want to eat. It helps you to gain weight. You can also take supplements, but I personally not in favor to use supplements to gain weight.
Sugar makes you crash, I wouldn't call that healthy food .

Old 04-21-2014, 12:38 PM

20,687 posts, read 19,833,013 times
protein shakes make you gain when you don't work out alot, or am I wrong?

Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 PM

686 posts, read 1,226,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
Yeah, everyone tells me to start working out but if I do so, wouldn't I just look all musclely and gross?? (I'm a girl btw)! Lol :'(
No. No you wont look "all muscley and gross". What are you 12 years old or something? Look at how many gyms are filled with skinny men who are working their butts off but they never end up looking all "musclely" as you say.

Eat a LOT of good, clean, healthy foods, and do whole body workouts. Do you have a gym membership or access to weights? If not I can give you a ton of body weight exercises that you can do to help you gain weight, get healthy and look better.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:02 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,005,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
Why don't you start lifting weights? You'll see the results immediately because you're so lean. I agree that skinny with no muscle can be sick looking, but skinny with muscle looks fantastic.
This is a myth.

You can only ADVISE someone if you know their complete medical history. All genetics ARE NOT created equal.

On another note, a guy with low testosterone can get strong but will have a hard time gaining muscle mass. Everything that your saying is one reason why I NEVER listen to "experts". There is no size fits all. People have no idea what they're talking about.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:47 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,040,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I know of one gal who done it...She has a web pag on FB called (One Fit Widow)

March 2011, on stage at my 1st NPC Figure show. 138 pounds, 8% body fat (I was a size 0). This my friends is 12 weeks of diet perfection, this is zero cheating, 3000 calories a day of clean fuel (yes, 3000!!!), and believe it or not ZERO cardio. This was 6 days a week of lifting weights for 1 hour a day and living a very clean diet lifestyle. This is extreme....8% body fat should not be anyone female's goal (unless you want to be on stage) but it does show that with the proper fuel and lots of very heavy lifting our bodies can do amazing things. Cardio rocks for endorphins, for your heart health, for weight loss, but its my very strong opinion that we need to weight train to achieve the lean muscle mass we are all seeking. Ladies especially, don't be intimidated by the weight room. Get in there and get it done....your body will thank you!
That is one of the most unattractive female bodies I've ever seen. If I even began to look like that I'd probably shoot myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness