Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
What would she be wearing?
First off, please respect them as professionals.

Physical trainers in my university are well uniformed, and wear a red T shirt and black track pants in spring/fall. They are provided with red tanks and shorts in summer, and a black pullover fleece in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I have and would again. Never though much about it.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
I think the original post cause some confusion, maybe the term that should have been used is Personal Trainer and not Physical Trainer. Plus there is a difference between a personal trainer and a training partner. The personal trainer is there to train you not train along with you.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:37 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I think the original post cause some confusion, maybe the term that should have been used is Personal Trainer and not Physical Trainer. Plus there is a difference between a personal trainer and a training partner. The personal trainer is there to train you not train along with you.
True, I intended to say personal trainer. I am talking about someone who gets you started on workout procedures, like teaching you how to bench press with a good form.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
Actually, you are the one expressing an inability to work with the opposite sex. You've discounted her simply for her womanhood. I'm no militant feminist by any stretch of the imagination, but your logic is asinine.

A personal trainer is met for an hour once or twice a week, perhaps. It's not a soul-mate relationship.
You obviously understand my thinking and would like me to change it to conform to yours. So why don't you just fill in your preferred response here:

Last edited by otterprods; 04-03-2014 at 10:11 AM..

Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM

3,633 posts, read 6,169,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
For Guys:
What are your views on working with a female physical trainer for fitness progress. Is it advisable. The reason I ask is not because of gender issues, but are they capable of helping a guy understand where to begin and how he should push himself to attains his personal fitness goal.

For Ladies who were/are physical trainers:
Have you ever assisted a male client in achieving his fitness goals. Was it a difficult experience.
Gender has nothing to do with it. I've had male OB-GYNs in the past, though in recent decades it seems that mostly women go into that specialty. As far as I can tell, the male docs were trained exactly like the female docs in med school. Just because they didn't have the anatomy themselves didn't mean they couldn't be just as adept at treating it. Personal trainers, if educated properly, are the same way, and not everyone they work with has the same fitness goals, anyway, so they need to be educated in how to help anyone attain any fitness goal.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:37 PM

552 posts, read 834,460 times
Hmmmm, how can I answer this without getting banned......

Old 04-03-2014, 02:08 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
My gonads, my musculature, the fat on my belly, my sex drive, my attitude toward the opposite sex, my responsibilities as a father, etc… and I didn't say she wouldn't understand (as if she's incapable of learning or listening) I said she would not truly understand. There's a difference.
Gonad training? Maybe you need a new gym!

Old 04-03-2014, 02:10 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
For Guys:
What are your views on working with a female physical trainer for fitness progress. Is it advisable. The reason I ask is not because of gender issues, but are they capable of helping a guy understand where to begin and how he should push himself to attains his personal fitness goal.
Sure.

My daughter-in-law is a trainer and from our conversations (and the fact that she has had many male clients) it's clear that the training in physiology, exercise mechanics, etc. that she has had to undergo to become a trainer is equally applicable to men and women.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
For Guys:

For Ladies who were/are physical trainers:
Have you ever assisted a male client in achieving his fitness goals. Was it a difficult experience.
I believe any male or female is able to help any other male or female attain their personal fitness goals as long as the personal trainer is professional and has the proper certifications and training required of their position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness