Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:20 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times

Advertisements

She intimidated them. Way to go, Mom!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Are there any fitness center chains that have family memberships and plans where trainers can work with entire families?

Old 05-02-2014, 09:29 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Well, that Josh Cascio reporter can wash the goop out of his hair, and then come get in the Jacuzzi with Me. Yum! Did you notice how long his torso is? Pretty... (But really, he needs to wear extra-long neckties, because that one was tied about two inches too short. However, he may be from a working-class background, where short neckties are commonplace, and thus not know any better. The 'stylists' working for TV stations tend to make things worse, not better. So, nobody at the Station is going to help that hottie with his clothes. BTW, it's hard for a man to not look like a pear-shaped zhlub in khakis, but Josh sure wears them well.)

As for 'Krista'... My impression is that she's a tattooed skank hoping to use her 'trauma' as a way to get free publicity (expand her clientele), and/or a way of looking for a richer class of men than she'd have access to. Actually, boys her son's age benefit enormously from personal trainers - particularly the ones vulnerable to bullying.

I'll refrain from criticizing her son's hairdo. He probably has to go to a public school, where (it being South Florida) he has to fit-in with no-telling-what.

Florida strikes me as being full of cheats, users, and desperate people: and those are the nice ones, relative to the drug-crazed Zombies running around eating-off people's faces, impersonating policemen, and strip-searching the people they rob and leave-for-dead. I'd hate to own a gym there. You probably have to make a lot of rules, in places like that, that you wouldn't have to, in nicer markets. And you probably have to enforce those rules more forcefully than you would, in places where most of the people do not descend from predatory cultures.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:43 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Are there any fitness center chains that have family memberships and plans where trainers can work with entire families?
I'm sure you could sign up to pay a fitness trainer to train more than one person at a time.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:39 PM

451 posts, read 562,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
There must be more to the story than what is said. My guess is that the staff of the gym have been watching this woman for a while and probably give her a few warnings about training people there which is obviously against the rules of membership. Staff was probably told about it and to keep their eye on her when she's in. Then, you have some new associate who may have just gone overboard after witnessing the woman giving her son advice and canceled her membership.

My guess is that this woman was told more than once about that, now (or sometime soon) she will be looking for a public apology and $$$$.

And really, what gym allows 13 year olds to be members? I can understand a Crossfit gym having dedicated hour for youth training, but an open public gym allowing 13 year olds to be regular members is crazy.
I highly doubt they will be able to sue for anything more than the value of the contract. Which is always good because any idiot could sure for some type of emotional distress if not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
In my opinion, the rule should not apply to parents coaching their own children under 18.

It seems excessive. And the parent is not making any money, so it's not as if they are using the club facilities to conduct their own personal training business.

According to the LA Fitness Guess Pass rules, a parent must accompany a child between the age of 14 - 17:

https://www.lafitness.com/Pages/free...spx?clubid=697

And since the Club doesn't want to be held liable for injuries to the child, it doesn't seam reasonable that they prevent a parent from assisting their own children when working out with weights.

Weightlifting can be a dangerous activity if not done properly ... so parents should be allowed to coach their own children to prevent injuries.

I think the mother should take LA Fitness to court over this, and have the rule permanently changed for parents coaching their own children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Absolutely, one more frivilous lawsuit to tie up the court system because some woman who signed the contract and agreed to all the terms broke the terms of the contract and is now mad about being told to follow the rules or get out.

If you do not want to follow the rules according to the contract that you signed do not sign it and do not give them your money.
If you want to train your child who apparatly isn't even old enough to be in the gym touching anything, train them at home where you make the rules.
I agree. Such a stupid concept to consider suing a private company to force them to integrate new rules to cater to your ass alone. I don't quite agree with what the gym did here, considering the facts that we actually know, but it's the gyms call at the end of the day. Give her money back for the remainder of the contract and take the negative publicity hit.

Last edited by latino_esq; 05-02-2014 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness