Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
Thanks all for the responses.

Photo:
Left is Before (taken in August), right is after (taken about a week ago)

It might all be in my mind, some of my dress clothes are just feeling tighter and more uncomfortable though! I am still fairly skinny (under 100 lbs - haven't gained any weight according to my scale) so it may just be very obvious to me when I get a little bigger somewhere.. and obvious to my clothes.

Also, pretty certain I eat less now - It's only been 6 months since I got out of school where ate fast food/campus food/take out all the time. I eat less now, and it's usually healthier food too. I'll be a little more mindful of what I eat even though I'm not trying to lose weight, or maybe I'll just tough it out with my clothes getting tighter in the thighs... dress clothes aren't really that comfortable to begin with anyway, haha.
It's most likely your diet. Because the pic on right doesn't look like muscle growth.

How 'certain' do you know you're eating less?

Anyways, women's clothes are on sale all the time; I suggest, it's time for a new pants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 02:35 PM

5 posts, read 20,591 times
The pic of me on the left was taken in a strange way.. and my legs are bent awkwardly. I can assure you they're both me? Here's another set of "before" photos:

Old 05-07-2014, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 20,591 times
@Hawaiiancoconut - I figure that I eat less since I used to eat more meals per day and ate out literally all the time. I'd have at least 2 (but probably 3) meals of take out or fast food. I rarely cooked and was always hitting the drive through or campus d-halls. I'd also order extra so I wouldn't have to cook after things closed. I also usually ate a 4th meal around 1am or so before bed and ate lots of junk food during down time. Now I rarely go out, and usually only cook at home. My meal combination is usually yogurt or oatmeal before work, a sandwich around noon, and usually a lean meat with salad for dinner. I don't have variety in my meals because I'm really not used to cooking.

It is also very very possible that my college years of bad eating are catching up to me now :P

It's unlucky the only place I have gotten bigger is my thighs, since my pants still fit just fine at the waist! Oh well, guess I'll be a bit more conscious of what I'm doing and eating and buy some new pants for my thighs :P

Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Both pics look good to me

Don't worry about too much.

Oh...easy on fast food

Old 05-07-2014, 03:27 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,770,002 times
Oh yes, excersize - and walking as much as you do is significant - WILL make your legs bulk up.
It happened to me when i took karate over 30 years ago.
My arms got bigger due to pushups and my thighs got muscular from the endless horse stance posture.
I ate no more, no less and the bulk melted away when I stopped doing the sport.
PS - I am female, so altho we don't gain as much muscle as men for the effort, we DO INDEED buff up!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:22 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
No, your legs will NOT bulk up just from walking.

You've always been a walker, you just walk more than you used to.

Running and squats would bulk up your legs but not walking.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Walking isn't exactly an intense exercise. I doubt it'll stimulate muscle growth.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
I suspect that it is due to a slight weight gain. My daughter was also very petite when she was younger and even a 2 or 3 pound weight gain, or premenstrual water retention, would cause certain outfits to be too tight for her to wear. Especially with those very slim line pencil skirts and pants a tiny weight gain may be showing up in just your thighs.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
Don't take this the wrong way but your skinny legs in the before picture made your butt look big.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:18 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
To be honest, the pics don't look like the same person. The knees are completely different. The entire leg is much larger and even appears shorter. What's going on here?
Could be camera angle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness