Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Sorry to break this to you, but you are missing out on one of the greatest joys of life.
I always think about how the food I'm consuming will benefit my overall health... Saying all that eating healthy organics doesn't have be dull or boring, yes it require effort on the person part! I had veggie pizza tonight, 100% made from scratch all homemade from the dough (gluten free) to the sauce that was from our own tomatoes and veggies, cheeses no GMO's no chemicals etc, etc.. Yes it take planing and time but worth it! Here a pic I posted tonight on my FB page~ ..

Last edited by WildCard~; 07-11-2014 at 11:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 PM

591 posts, read 781,940 times
FOOD IS GOOD
EXERCISE IS NOT FUN
there is your answer

Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. It literally makes me bonkers when people say it's expensive to eat healthy. Yes, fruits and veggies can be expensive, but you don't need a huge amount of them in a healthy diet (nor necessarily the expensive kind), and there was a recent study that fruits and veggies don't make you lose weight-- only calorie restriction and increased activity do (link here). So you can't eat like a pig, then have a big green salad and some fruit, and tell yourself you're eating healthy. You have to cut down food intake overall, cut out sweets, soda, fried food, refined carbs, and yes some fruits and salad are nice but it's mainly avoiding junk and increasing activity that will make the difference.

I eat loads of frozen veggies, lean protein and dairy, inexpensive greens, some dried & raw fruit, legumes, and do my best to stick to whole grains like oatmeal and brown rice. It's not expensive at all especially if you don't buy organic.
You'll also find eating real foods fill you up faster, so your not consuming a lot food, since your body knows what to do with it! Unlike GMO's, processed and fast foods, since there no real nutritional value the body feel hungry , so the body send the brain a message (Starvation), so you keep eating and eating yet never filling the void! .....

Old 07-12-2014, 12:26 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
Sort of correct. See, a lot of people haven't realized it not about food "tasking good" its about NUTRITION.

I eat for nutrition and a healthy body, not for taste and enjoyment.

Some folks think that is warped, but to me, it is the purpose of eating.
That is fine for you. I would venture to say that MOST people do not share your perspective, nor should you expect them to. I eat fairly healthy myself, but I like to eat food that tastes good! And I am at the gym most weeknights, but I would not be so shortsighted as to think that everyone else should do the same thing and like the same things that I do.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:09 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
Sort of correct. See, a lot of people haven't realized it not about food "tasking good" its about NUTRITION.

I eat for nutrition and a healthy body, not for taste and enjoyment.

Some folks think that is warped, but to me, it is the purpose of eating.
I'm all for healthy eating but there's no way that I'm going through life eating bland tasting food. That's no way to live.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:30 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Path of least resistance.
Road to hell....
Busier with other people's needs than their own.
Fell out of the routine...

I was working 62 hr work weeks and working out at least 4 or 5 times a week. I was 49 and in the best shape of my life, running 10k races and wearing bikinis (to suntan where no one could see me) I was in Kuwait. Reality hit me and I fall under the last category above.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:41 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
I tend to exercise more so that I can eat more bad food.. I just have an obsession

Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Healthy food doesn't have to taste bland or boring. I made the most delicious omelette for breakfast this morning using fresh, healthy ingredients. I'm still full four hours later.

Eating healthy doesn't have to mean deprivation.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:02 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

Eating healthy doesn't have to mean deprivation.
I've always thought that saying that food is just fuel and not a source of enjoyment is like saying sex is just for procreation. Neither is how I want to live.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:02 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've always thought that saying that food is just fuel and not a source of enjoyment is like saying sex is just for procreation. Neither is how I want to live.
I am in agreeance with that! ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness