Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:29 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,575,824 times

Advertisements

How does one lose weight by exercising? How is fat being burned? Through extra poops? Through sweat that contains stuff other than liquid? Where do the solid material (food, fat, etc.) go and how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 04:45 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
How does one lose weight by exercising? How is fat being burned? Through extra poops? Through sweat that contains stuff other than liquid? Where do the solid material (food, fat, etc.) go and how?
Both. The more you exercise, the more the body pulls nutrients from the foods you eat. The waste products of this extra energy is then placed, just as you mentioned above, into your poop. Exercise poop is a lot more dense than non exercise poop because of how the body pulls more nutrients. Next time you poop, pick it up to feel its weight. Then do it again after a couple of days of really working out hard. You will feel the difference. You basically poop out all of that extra weight as it is really just waste. Your sweat also has more stuff than just water. There is a lot of salt and grease from the foods you eat that is emitted from the body in the sweat. This helps weight loss as well. Exercise sweat is different from just "heat" sweat. Because your body is working harder, it creates more waste that goes into the sweat. Because of the loss of salt (sodium) and other by-products of the foods we eat, exercise sweat is pretty heavy.

Good solid questions Quaker. These are questions no one has thought to raise in the past.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,575,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Next time you poop, pick it up to feel its weight. Then do it again after a couple of days of really working out hard.
No!!!

Quote:
Good solid questions Quaker. These are questions no one has thought to raise in the past.
Are you the health doctor on this forum?

Old 08-25-2014, 05:38 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Next time you poop, pick it up to feel its weight. Then do it again after a couple of days of really working out hard.
Quote:
No!!!
I literally couldn't contain my laughter when stumbling upon this little ... "nugget"

I couldn't help myself

Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 AM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
No!!!

Are you the health doctor on this forum?
No. I just consider myself the voice of reason. Lots of ridiculous questions asked and even more ridiculous answers seem to show up.

You do know my post above was a joke right?

Old 08-26-2014, 07:38 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
through extra poops

Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Exercise requires your muscles to do work. It takes energy to do work. Just like an engine uses gasoline or electricity. But your body uses glycogen and carbohydrates as fuel. The byproduct of your muscles doing work is heat. That fuel is consumed and converted to heat. You will not lose weight from exercise if you replace all the fuel you consumed. The core idea behind losing weight through exercise is to cause your body to use the energy stored in fat and to NOT replace it all through eating.

You will sweat to cool your body, but that in itself is just a temporary weight loss since you will replace it.

It is biology.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:21 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times
I'm no doctor and no biologist. I'm just someone who has lost weight by exercising. I have done my Google research just like any other person. Exercise helps to get your metabolism going. The more you exercise, the better the ability to burn calories. Even if you're sitting down, if you are a regular exerciser, you are now burning more calories per minute than Cassie Couch Surfer over there next to you.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:17 AM

210 posts, read 303,539 times
Through the lungs, sweat, and urine.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:34 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I literally couldn't contain my laughter when stumbling upon this little ... "nugget"

I couldn't help myself
You mean you're not rushing out to buy a "poop scale"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness