Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Yes but at a certain age putting muscle on is harder and definitely not as easily accomplished in a few months.
That is true but it is rare that the whispers of steroid or HGH use for roles. The only actor I heard for was Sylvester Stalone for the latest Rambo or the first The Expendables.

I doubt they do go to this method and instead train train train. Chris Pratt did that for Guardians of the Galaxy. He dieted and exercised for six months to lean and muscle up to be Star Lord. Compare that look to his look on Parks & Recreation.

Some were always fit. The Rock before he was an actor, was a pro-wrestler and before that was a football player in college and in Canada. I would say his build even though he is super-jacked now, is rather natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 11:44 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,364 times
The Rock did steroids though when he was playing college football. He said so himself.

Although if you look at photos of him from when he was 14, he looked like he was 25 and was already very tall and muscular. College and pro football players and pro wrestlers are genetic freaks for the most part.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:46 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
No, they don't. Not hugh jackman or the actors in 300. Not that it matters, but they don't do it all "naturally". People believe a lot of fitness models that promote supplements are actually natural too. It's hilariously misleading as you can tell by the responses in threads like these.

Diet to get like those guys is NOT hard to figure out. Nor is the training. If you are natural, you CAN'T train "6 hours a day" to get in better shape. You can only train so much being natural. Maybe an hour or two a day, 5-6 days a week. Something that TONS of "non-celebrities" do anyways. After that it does more harm than good and it's over training.

The fitness industry pray's on the uneducated and misinformed. Those "300 workouts" made TONS of money, ha. You see pro bodybuilders selling proteins, "diet pills," etc. insinuating "hey, take these supplements and lift like me and workout like me, and you'll look like me!"

The fact that someone used "the rock" and "natural" in the same sentence is a glaring example of how misinformed some are.

No.. Those guys are on insane levels of testosterone, growth hormone, insulin, etc. They ALL take insulin, something that most people would never realize. Why? Because then they can eat 4x more carbs than the average human and process it as opposed to it turning into fat. I would bet that at any given time a bodybuilder has 4x the testosterone levels of a normal person.

Now, I'm not saying every guy in hollywood is on them. But it's much easier to tell the "look" that's different.

One person that comes to mind is Channing Tatum. He is decently sized, proportioned, but he is lacking the "hardness" and vascularity that someone like Hugh Jackman has. You don't get that paper thin, skin tight skin naturally.

You know why you never "hear" about it? Because steroids are ILLEGAL. They are literally on the same level, legal wise, as Cocaine! If you get busted with steroids they can prosecute you like you were busted with Cocaine! Why would ANYONE admit to this, or even discuss it? When wouldn't everyone deny it?

What kind of idiot is going to say, "yeah, I took a lot of HGH and testosterone for this roll, it was the only way I could get this big and lean."

1. Because it's illegal

2. Because people look so down on steroids they might as well be out there promoting that they are coke addicts.. Pretty sure that's not going to help their public image..

Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
The Rock did steroids though when he was playing college football. He said so himself.

Although if you look at photos of him from when he was 14, he looked like he was 25 and was already very tall and muscular. College and pro football players and pro wrestlers are genetic freaks for the most part.
It also helped that Rock had that from both sides of the family as Rocky Johnson was a jacked up wrestler and his grandfather was a part of the Samoan Wrestling Family (which Samoans are freaks in that sense.) Many Samoans are athletes just look at the NFL with Polamaru, Shu and countless others and there's several wrestlers (though most are of the Anoai family lineage.) Now athletes aren't natural in the traditional sense because they workout AND practice. This is where The Rock falls in because he is an athlete so it is not weird that he trains that way to this day.

I personally don't look don't look down on steroids or HGH, sure it gives a false image BUT let's remember that unlike sport athletes, it's not as clear as cheating.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:11 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times
Some of them, yes I do believe it. They have registered dietitians telling them to do XYZ (juicing for example) so they follow through

Obviously, plastic and cosmetic surgery is where they fall off track. Most celebrities have had nose jobs because they nose changes the face so much.

I do believe some do try to live a natural lifestyle, as their income does allow them to

Old 10-29-2014, 12:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,056,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Id say some do and some dont. But when its your job to look a certain way and you have someone planning your meals and your training its much easier for them than someone who works 40 hours a week and has other responsibilities as well. For instance mark wahlberg literally has his own state of the art gym and bieber has his own personal trainer that programs his meals and training.
You act as if they don't actually work. Actors can put in 16 hour days so don't give me the BS about they have all the time in the world. Act if they have some magically easy job that requires 0 work.

Mark Wahlberg is not going to make magical teenager progress unless he manages to give himself the t-level of a teenager. As if posting pics of fancy equipment means anything.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Having the resources to hire a personal chef and trainer and the time to work out several hours a day will get just about anyone into tip top shape. You don't need steroids.

When I've been lucky enough to have the time to go hard and eat clean for months on end I looked like the Wolverine too. It's just tough to find the time to do that. I don't have kids and struggled to stay that dedicated. How people with families do it is beyond me and very impressive.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Some of them, yes I do believe it. They have registered dietitians telling them to do XYZ (juicing for example) so they follow through

Obviously, plastic and cosmetic surgery is where they fall off track. Most celebrities have had nose jobs because they nose changes the face so much.

I do believe some do try to live a natural lifestyle, as their income does allow them to
The ones that do live a natural lifestyle look good all of the time. You can tell which ones are more likely to juice by how quick it happens to a middle aged person.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Having the resources to hire a personal chef and trainer and the time to work out several hours a day will get just about anyone into tip top shape. You don't need steroids.

When I've been lucky enough to have the time to go hard and eat clean for months on end I looked like the Wolverine too. It's just tough to find the time to do that. I don't have kids and struggled to stay that dedicated. How people with families do it is beyond me and very impressive.
I agree. But when time is a factor, you can also use said resources to give you an edge, because after all, your livelihood depends on it. Steroids aren't necessary. Nobody said they are. But if someone gave you just months to get in shape and you have hundreds of thousands of disposable income, are you going to leave anything to chance?

I'm not talking about celebs who are in shape all the time. I'm talking about those that magically beef up and then once the movie is over are walking around like normal people again. Even people who live off their body, like models, do know the advantage of using things like Trenbolone and Clebuterol when time is of the essence.

Some of you are completely missing the point of my post. It's not that being in good shape requires roids or HGH, it's that they manage to do things no one can in such small amounts of time. Besides, why if actors can afford steroids and NOBODY is testing them, why would they NOT do it?

Old 10-29-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is true but it is rare that the whispers of steroid or HGH use for roles. The only actor I heard for was Sylvester Stalone for the latest Rambo or the first The Expendables.

I doubt they do go to this method and instead train train train. Chris Pratt did that for Guardians of the Galaxy. He dieted and exercised for six months to lean and muscle up to be Star Lord. Compare that look to his look on Parks & Recreation.

Some were always fit. The Rock before he was an actor, was a pro-wrestler and before that was a football player in college and in Canada. I would say his build even though he is super-jacked now, is rather natural.
The Rock is natural? The man weighs what known drug user Arnold Schwarzenegger weighs. Arnold never denied using them.

Also, the man eats about 3000 calories a day. That is NOT a lot for a man who weighs what he does. It's the equivalent of a 180 lb. man eating 1500 calories or so. Nobody can maintain muscle that large on a caloric level that low for their body weight.

You sir are gullible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness