Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times

Advertisements

Hey guys & gals. I just recovered from a fever yesterday. I want to know how much time to rest & recharge before hitting the gym again.

I thought of hitting the gym today, but decided not to because of a slight lingering cold. The main reason I ask is so that I don't pose an illness threat to others at my gym, and ensure my body is resilient. Please suggest a reasonable time frame, and share experiences on how you manage your sickness recoveries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Whenever you feel like going back to the gym.

Seriously, who avoids going to the gym so they don't get other people sick? Lol.

It's more an excuse than anything, imo.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:09 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,219,146 times
The standard national guideline (as to not infected others) supported by schools and like entities is 24 hour fever-free.

Good for you for actually for holding yourself accountable.

Besides, if you MUST workout before then, you can easily do a one-off workout at home.

Of course, if you're hacking up a lung and blowing your nose constantly, even without a fever, many would appreciate you staying away from the gym for a few more days and exercising at home as you're likely still contagious.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:56 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Seriously, who avoids going to the gym so they don't get other people sick? Lol.

It's more an excuse than anything, imo.
I do. Its what I consider to be a basic common courtesy thing.

Adi, you can still workout, maybe just go for a run, or go to a local park to take advantage of the workout areas they have. Just give yourself another day or two to make sure you wont get others sick.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,801,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I do. Its what I consider to be a basic common courtesy thing.

Adi, you can still workout, maybe just go for a run, or go to a local park to take advantage of the workout areas they have. Just give yourself another day or two to make sure you wont get others sick.
Agree. It's common courtesy for sure.

And also agree that one can exercise. Just keep it nice and easy. I'll often do very easy stuff through a sickness to keep my blood flowing a little. Easy is the key word, and I don't expect any physical benefit, it's more psychological, which of course is important.

Go ahead and do a little something if you feel ready.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:07 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
I recovered completely and restarted my workout yesterday. Thanks for the support guys .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness