Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:57 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times

Advertisements

Fifty-five years old and I still have a six pack.

(But I lost the little plastic thingie that holds 'em together a loooong time ago.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 12:00 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,803,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
here is a fitness model for you:

tell me he's not a bodybuilder.

the lad here is a physique / swimsuit competitor and a fitness model.
yes, you can be a body builder and do modeling as well. duh.
Do you have a point other than arguing semantics that really had nothing to do with my post?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:35 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Most of them are drinking a gallon of water a day or close to it so they can't possibly be dehydrated.

Water and other fluids are stored in human body in:
liver
fat tissue in form of fatty emulsion
muscle tissue
GI tract
some is in kidneys
some is in some porous organs.

This is why those who chug on gallons of water in gyms are basically refilling those large fat cells that store water. This is why sweat suite is the best way to reduce your waist line - if you do NOT refill fluids that were lost with sweat. PERSONALLY had that done.
This is also why anabolic steroids give users that swollen appearance. They not only enlarge muscle tissue, they also retain fluids.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:56 PM

522 posts, read 721,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
yes, you can be a body builder and do modeling as well. duh.
Do you have a point other than arguing semantics that really had nothing to do with my post?
oh, you know, i'm just pointing out that your post is wrong, nothing big.
Most of the Fitness models today ARE bodybuilders.. and the trend right now for them to get bulkier and bulkier.
I shoot these people at least a few times a month.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
A six-pack might be healthy for some, but most people it is probably a little too lean. It would be rare to see someone in their 70's and 80's with a six-pack. For someone to say, "only lazy people would say it isn't healthy", is a crock of crap. Genetics play a larger role on if that would be a healthy weight for someone. You can be in amazing shape and not have a six-pack. For that matter, there are countless people without a six-pack that are in much better shape than those with one. Moderation seems to prove a good idea for longevity, not taking things to extreme and for many getting a six-pack is extreme.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:56 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,126 times
six packs are healthy. I drink one every day

Old 11-05-2014, 02:03 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
There's fitness models, and there is body builders. Two different things.

This is a competition body builder, not a fitness model, and beyond the scope of this conversation.

This is a fitness model body, and attainable...
They are both body builders, the judges of their individual competitions just have a different criteria for determine a winner. It would be like comparing ice dancers to figure skaters

Old 11-05-2014, 04:00 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,053,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
here is a fitness model for you:

tell me he's not a bodybuilder.

the lad here is a physique / swimsuit competitor and a fitness model.
He could pass as a natural bodybuilder alongside guys like Matt Ogus and Alberto Nunez.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:38 PM

163 posts, read 247,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Core strength is as it's cracked up to be. The recommended exercises for healthy posture and back support could lead to at least a flat stomach, if not model-quality ab definition.
^^^This

Old 11-05-2014, 07:00 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Wow there is such an abundance of misinformation in this thread.

Many of things being discussed here are not a matter of opinion or a grey area. There are facts regarding a lot of these statements, yet they aren't being provided.

There's plenty of fitness aspects with grey area, however, yet not necessarily discussed here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness