Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
No, it is not. I think OP should go to a doctor. There can't be much muscle, let alone fat. When I was 22, I too was 5'8" but always weighed at least 125, and looked pretty thin even at that weight.
Exactly. OP sounds underweight. If she is a woman, and it sounds like she is, she might just be a little bit underweight, and as long as she doesn't lose weight, she should be fine. But I am concerned about the attitude she is expressing: that she should lose weight. She needs to see a professional ASAP. I have a friend in the hospital battling anorexia right now, and it is no joke. She almost died from the disease. Overweight can be dangerous, but anorexia can be life threatening as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 PM

55 posts, read 34,820 times
I'm a girl. I've thought about getting professional help but I don't know where to start. I do talk to a psychiatrist for other reasons and I told him how I feel but he said it's not his area of expertise.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJA1991 View Post
I'm a girl. I've thought about getting professional help but I don't know where to start. I do talk to a psychiatrist for other reasons and I told him how I feel but he said it's not his area of expertise.
Get a new doctor. If you don't know where to start go to your GP and talk to him or her.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 PM

12 posts, read 10,267 times
You are not naturally that weight if you are restricting your calories. More than likely when you start eating normally( to satiation ) your weight will rise to 130-140. Please seek help from a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Get a new doctor. If you don't know where to start go to your GP and talk to him or her.
No, I've always been skinny. I've never weighed over 118 pounds and I've only been restricting my calories recently. Everyone in my family is thin but I'm probably the thinnest. I've been eating more than usual but I'm down to 109.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:51 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJA1991 View Post
No, I've always been skinny. I've never weighed over 118 pounds and I've only been restricting my calories recently. Everyone in my family is thin but I'm probably the thinnest. I've been eating more than usual but I'm down to 109.
If you're worried about being underweight, why are you restricting your caloric intake?

Old 12-22-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If you're worried about being underweight, why are you restricting your caloric intake?
I'm conflicted. I like that I'm really thin but I know it's not good for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness