Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,277,623 times

Advertisements

Instagram
Curvy Instagram star Selter gets big sports deal | Page Six

Instagram star Jen Selter turned her fitness quest into a lucrative career, signing a deal with an agency that represents other athletes. It is not clear what her duties will be, but good for her!

My only caveat would be that this reflects an ongoing societal bias for one aspect of female beauty (the derriere) when others are just as important. Somewhere along the line, we as a society took a wrong turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 05:57 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,322,540 times
She's like one of the most popular people on youtube and instagram.

I dont really agree with your caveat because she isnt about promoting the female derriere, she's about promoting health and fitness. Is just that she became super famous because of her incredible body and her dedication to fitness, so who better to sign to such a lucrative deal than someone who:

1. Is incredibly beautiful
2. Presents a positive role model
3. Can help promote something as positive and helpful as healthy active lifestyle
4. Comes with a built in fan base of several million people (4.9 million followers on Instagram).

Her body really is absolutely incredible though. Im a big fan.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,139,575 times
She is hot, and puts effort to maintain it. No question about that .

Old 12-01-2014, 06:44 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,074,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Instagram
Curvy Instagram star Selter gets big sports deal | Page Six

Instagram star Jen Selter turned her fitness quest into a lucrative career, signing a deal with an agency that represents other athletes. It is not clear what her duties will be, but good for her!

My only caveat would be that this reflects an ongoing societal bias for one aspect of female beauty (the derriere) when others are just as important. Somewhere along the line, we as a society took a wrong turn.
Her parents must be thrilled.

Seriously, if she promotes fitness, good for her. If anyone thinks this isn't about objectifying the booty, though, they're high.

She could do this without her bare ass hanging out or without the booty pop photos, but let's be serious... she wouldn't have as many followers.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

I dont really agree with your caveat because she isnt about promoting the female derriere, she's about promoting health and fitness. Is just that she became super famous because of her incredible body and her dedication to fitness, so who better to sign to such a lucrative deal than someone who:

3. Can help promote something as positive and helpful as healthy active lifestyle
4. Comes with a built in fan base of several million people (4.9 million followers on Instagram).

I don't think this is 100% true.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,355,055 times
Quote:

I don't know if I agree with that either. That is not someone who I would want my daughter looking up to from a health & fitness stand point.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't know if I agree with that either. That is not someone who I would want my daughter looking up to from a health & fitness stand point.
Agreed. And if she wasn't posing with her ass exposed or taking up so much of the focal point of each photo, I may agree with the "good role model" thing.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,579,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Agreed. And if she wasn't posing with her ass exposed or taking up so much of the focal point of each photo, I may agree with the "good role model" thing.
It's hilarious.

Her back must cramp from sticking It out all the time.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:52 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,322,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She isnt really arching. Thats the thing about her, she is actually built that way.

Anytime someone is championing the cause of a healthy, active, fit life they should be looked at as role models. Especially for young women. She isnt doing any nudity or anything like that. She is just so physically attractive that she looks to be NC-17 in whatever she wears. Just look at her instagram pic of her in the blue backless dress in front of the fence. Her curves are so wicked in that pic and her back so well defined that prudes will think its "too sexy" but put Bristol Palin or a Duggar girl in that same dress and those same people will say "Bless her heart".

Girl cant help that she's so physically sexy. All she can do is be a positive voice for healthy lifestyle and go from there.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,355,055 times
Quote:
She isnt really arching. Thats the thing about her, she is actually built that way.

Anytime someone is championing the cause of a healthy, active, fit life they should be looked at as role models. Especially for young women. She isnt doing any nudity or anything like that. She is just so physically attractive that she looks to be NC-17 in whatever she wears. Just look at her instagram pic of her in the blue backless dress in front of the fence. Her curves are so wicked in that pic and her back so well defined that prudes will think its "too sexy" but put Bristol Palin or a Duggar girl in that same dress and those same people will say "Bless her heart".

Girl cant help that she's so physically sexy. All she can do is be a positive voice for healthy lifestyle and go from there.
I have friends who are just as fitness minded as Jen Setler and do so by owning/operating fitness studios/boot camps, but they don't feel the need to show their figure every day regardless of how good it looks. Their priority is overall health and fitness, not admiration from others.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness