Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:20 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Still going VERY strong at age 65!

Attachment 141537

That's wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 09:07 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
I'm 40 with 7 children and fit.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:58 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
I am 62 and very fit. I even wear a bikini.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:30 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,582,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Colorado has the highest percentage of healthy, fit and active people in the US. After that, the West Coast states, and sometimes Montana is included in that. Mountain areas, beach areas and redwood and cedar forest areas tend to have a lot of people into hiking, swimming, mountain biking, walking on the beach and working out at the gym. There are also more people who walk or bike to do their errands or to go to work, rather than go by car, than in other parts of the US. The NE is another region with a higher percentage of physically active residents.
I've heard Denver has a lot of active people. I can't wait to visit again.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:15 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
Have you ever run a marathon and have a 50+ year old woman pass you and leave you in their dust??? It happens all the time, folks.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM

342 posts, read 437,968 times
I started exercise later in my life and love my body more than in my 20s or 30s...I believe also in in good genetic

Old 01-04-2015, 09:40 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
First of all, the women in the opening post is NOT fit. She has ridiculously fake boobs and is using steroids and HGH. What is "fit" about that? Could she run a 10K? Could she hike to the top of Mt. Whitney? I would bet the farm the answer is "no."

As for being over 40, what on earth is the big deal? Do 90 minutes to 2 hours of cardio most days and your body should be as good or better than at age 20. I am in my 40's and my marathon time is better now than in my 20's. I still wear a size 5 super skinny jean. And unlike the majority of food Nazis on here, my diet consists of donuts and junk food. All this crap peddled here that "eating healthy is everything!" is BS. Millions of incredibly fit people (including ultra marathons), drink beer immoderately and eat cakes and pies daily.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:08 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
First of all, the women in the opening post is NOT fit. She has ridiculously fake boobs and is using steroids and HGH. What is "fit" about that? Could she run a 10K? Could she hike to the top of Mt. Whitney? I would bet the farm the answer is "no."

As for being over 40, what on earth is the big deal? Do 90 minutes to 2 hours of cardio most days and your body should be as good or better than at age 20. I am in my 40's and my marathon time is better now than in my 20's. I still wear a size 5 super skinny jean. And unlike the majority of food Nazis on here, my diet consists of donuts and junk food. All this crap peddled here that "eating healthy is everything!" is BS. Millions of incredibly fit people (including ultra marathons), drink beer immoderately and eat cakes and pies daily.
You are what you eat. Just because you can eat donuts and crap and stay thin and be fit does not mean you are exactly healthy on the inside. So eat your cakes and pies all you want. But you are not as healthy as you think you are.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You are what you eat. Just because you can eat donuts and crap and stay thin and be fit does not mean you are exactly healthy on the inside. So eat your cakes and pies all you want. But you are not as healthy as you think you are.
So you can make a judgement on a person's health based on what they eat? What determines how healthy someone is? I would consider blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, blood glucose levels and other bloodwork, and a urinalysis. This person is running marathons and if these health checks are normal, why would the person not be healthy?

The issue with diet is it tends to catch up with people. People who run need more simple and complex carbohydrates to fuel their running. The problem is when you slow down your exercise and don't make adjustments to your diet.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:39 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Yes I do recall this difference from my high frequency business travel days (mostly USA / Canada urban metros). The Midwest / Central USA tends to have a larger sedentary corn fed population ratio.
It somehow escapes people from those areas that corn is what farmers give livestock to fatten them up. That's a good point; the diet on the West Coast and the mountain West is radically different from the Mid-West and South, too.

I don't know where the OP lives, but being trim and fit in one's 40's, and these days--into the 50's, is normal and ordinary everywhere, where I've lived. It's not noteworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness