Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,410,633 times

Advertisements

Please give feedback on this product I need assistance with getting started on weightloss program, I know that some don't care for quick fix ideas but if anybody has used the product please respond with positive or negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 04:56 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,486 times
I personally haven't used it but did some reading up on it. You still have to exercise and eat right. Just taking Alli won't cause you to lose weight. The "treatment effects" are kindda scary when you read up on them. But I'm thinking that if you eat healthy the treatment effects are much less. Good luck with your decision. Exercise is going to be a part of whatever program you choose.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:13 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
The potential side effects are enough to give me pause to even try it. Have you tried any other methods for weight loss like strict diet with resistance exercise? This drug doesnt sound too good to me. Here's what I found online:

"The drug’s maker, GlaxoSmithKline, has been up front about the pill’s side effects, suggesting that first timers wear dark pants or bring a change of clothes to work until they get used to the diet pill’s potentially yucky consequences. Cheaters share cautionary tales
But we don’t always like to bother with directions. Those who haven’t completely followed instructions offer cautionary tales on the drug company’s Web site.

“(I)’ve pooped my pants 3 times today, and sorry to get descriptive but it even leaked onto the couch at one point!” writes one user.

It can strike any time — even in the early hours of the morning. One user writes: “(Y)a know how when you start moving around in the morning ya pass a little gas. Well, I did and then went into the bathroom and to my horror I had an orange river of grease running down my leg.”

Fellow cheaters advise each other on the best clean-up methods, and some even suggest using panty liners or Depends. One frugal user noted, “I’m thinking that infant diapers might be a cheaper way to go, just use them as a large pad.”

The gross side effects might scare away the less-committed, but some experts appreciate Alli’s very real, very immediate consequences of cheating on your diet.

“It forces you to eat a lower-fat diet — if you don’t, you’re violently penalized for not doing so,” says David Sarwer, the director of clinical services at the Center for Weight Loss and Eating Disorders at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. “When they eat a little too much fat, they’ll learn not to do it again.”

Old 01-06-2008, 05:17 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Id stay away from that drug if I were you. There are tons of other ways to lose weight. Remember that there are no quick fix methods to losing weight, you just have to eat well and eat right and YOU MUST HAVE RESISTANCE (WEIGHT) TRAINING!!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:11 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
Please give feedback on this product I need assistance with getting started on weightloss program, I know that some don't care for quick fix ideas but if anybody has used the product please respond with positive or negative.

I haven't tried it but my friend has. And her biggest complaint are similar to what DaBeez has posted above...she was feeling bloated, gassy and running to the bathroom constantly...that didn't exclude while she was at work...and then she discovered other people with the same complaints.

Are the side effects worth it? To me having a constant stomach ache and running to the bathroom....no way.

Have you thought about speaking to a nutrionist or a personal trainer?
They can guide you in the right direction and get you on the right path
with a meal plan and workout routine.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,116 times
no pain, no gain. i guess that goes for those of us who do it the 'right way' AND the 'wrong way', huh?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM

121 posts, read 315,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post

I did use Alli while on weight watchers. It really worked well for me. I lost anywhere from 7 pounds my first week on it, to about 2 pounds a week after, sometimes 3 pounds. I didn't have horrible side effects at all and I did occasionally eat bad. PM me if you would like and I can give you more details.

Nichole

Old 01-16-2008, 02:12 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,645 times
Dirty drawers is actually the least of your worries if it helps people to lose weight. That's why the FDA approved it... it works.

I take lots of Hoodia, seems to make me lose about a pound a week. It's expensive but it works without side effects. I just feel like eating less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness