Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
That's kind of a fun self-challenge, but since you'll almost certainly beat the woman you referred to sooner or later, you need a boost. Go lift with Anna McCloskey, who deadlifts in the 500s. Yes she's cute, and looks nothing like a man, and is (I think) 22 years old.
My diet is limited to vegetarian food, due to cultural reasons. So there is a max cap for me. We only get a set amount of protein, and don't have too many options to boost it.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Either there are more people working out or not, but it can't be both and I seldom see fat women at the gym. A few okay, but not most and not that many in the cardio classes. If fitness is a recent trend (your words) then there will be less obese people unless they chow down on 5 guys afterwards.
I take it you mean the burger joint and not literally "5 guys?"

I see a lot of overweight people at my gym. A lot of people who are clearly just starting out. The gym offers a "beginner class" which amounts to free personal training for new members who clearly need a push in the right direction. I think it's brilliant.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I take it you mean the burger joint and not literally "5 guys?"

I see a lot of overweight people at my gym. A lot of people who are clearly just starting out. The gym offers a "beginner class" which amounts to free personal training for new members who clearly need a push in the right direction. I think it's brilliant.
Yes, burger joint.

I can see fat people going to certain gyms more than others. Plus, people have their New Year's resolutions going on/ trying to get fit for summer, so they are more common now. I just don't see them at mine that often and I've gone to gyms since I was 13. I just see fat guys more often than fat girls and even then I'm really not sure how fat they are - definitely not the obese territory though.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Lets cover the scenarios behind why a late teens to twenties female lifts:

A) her significant other wants her to, maybe they work out together

B) attention- probably the biggest percentage. many want to be admired, and there isn't too much wrong with that except for when they state other reasons because they're too embarrassed to admit it

C) they truly want to better themselves. It's not about attention for them. They want to become better in body and mind.

here's the crappy part though and it goes back to scenario B: when a person was once obese and becomes fit, sometimes they crave attention to an extremely unhealthy degree. Social media posts daily, pics of them nearly nude for the world to see, pooching their rear out, etc. They live to get likes and comments online. It becomes their sole purpose of happiness in life. They wonder why guys only see them as a sexual object. They wonder why people like me frown upon them (I nearly dated someone like this once).

I've also witnessed too many people go from fat to fit and become a completely different person. They become full of themselves, social media makes their ego skyrocket, and some may become sexually loose because they want to embrace all of this new found affecton.

I've only seen a handful amount of women that are there because of scenario C. In my experience I would estimate them to be around 10% of females into fitness. If we narrow it down to those that don't then crave social media attention, it would be around 5%.

I'd prefer a woman that can eat decently and exercise only sometimes rather than dealing with the mess I stated above.

Yes, I know men can be the same way. I see it far too often. I'm only gearing this convo towards women because it's my sex of preference.

After writing all of this, I've noticed it all goes back to social media. If there weren't any form of it, almost none of these people would be into it. Can we please skip a generation, or can I be sent back to the 50s? I don't fit in with my age group lol
If you do not want to date someone like this that is your choice but you mentioned that they "crave attention" via social media.
So what exactly are you "craving" posting your "I won't date women who....." thread?

No one but you is affected by your choice of who to date and if you wish to diminish your choices good luck and carry on.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:47 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
It seems like OP doesn't like attention seekers in general. Neither do I. But a lot do what described without lifting, or even worse, without being in shape. The females that I know who lift just enjoy it and actually shy away from the attention. Just what I've observed personally. There are attention seekers in every shape and size though.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:19 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My diet is limited to vegetarian food, due to cultural reasons. So there is a max cap for me. We only get a set amount of protein, and don't have too many options to boost it.
Well, she's also a genetic freak, so don't feel bad.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:56 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I find it very ironic that a guy named JOBSEEKER is criticizing the inner motivations of why fit women strength train, then discarding some of these from his dating pool based on his (probably erroneous) assumptions

Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
Well, she's also a genetic freak, so don't feel bad.
Too hard to compete with right now. I'll try reaching caligirlz's numbers first. That's a formidable goal right now. Piecewise progress is the best technique for me, my friend.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:12 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,180 times
I won't date a guy who won't date a woman who takes lifting seriously.

But, you know, I'm a guy, so there's that, too. . . seriously?

Just when I thought the pool was really shallow, someone comes along and drains out a few more inches.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:46 AM

743 posts, read 832,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
I won't date a guy who won't date a woman who takes lifting seriously.

But, you know, I'm a guy, so there's that, too. . . seriously?

Just when I thought the pool was really shallow, someone comes along and drains out a few more inches.
I obviously titled the thread wrong. It's not that I won't date a woman who lifts. It's that almost all female lifters I know seem to be primarily doing it for attention, and I despise attention seeking behavior. Yes, even the pros seem to be doing it for attention evidenced by their multi posts daily of their photoshopped, performance enhanced body on social media every single day. DLB (the most famous female bodybuilder) comes to mind. I'm one of the few that idolizes no celebrity or athlete. I do however commend the very tiny percentage that uses their talent and doesn't have to scream from the rooftops how great they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness