Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 12:29 PM

7 posts, read 7,068 times

Advertisements

I have the fastest metabolism that's out of control. I am 5'7, and just reached 115 lbs literally yesterday. I gained 2 pounds within this past week remarkably. I started eating 4 meals a day, drinking 2 ensures between meals and snacking on protein bars, fruits or whatever i can find that's healthy and I've seen a slight change just in this past week in my body.

if i don't eat for more than 5 hours i lose 2-3 pounds so i have no choice but to eat and its honestly the worst sometimes where i don't feel like eating as much or have time to meal prep everyday. Whatever i lose in a day, i can only gain back within a week or so.

Now i am looking for an alternative to ensure because its making me lactose intolerant and had been suggested to look into vegan protein powders but also seen a lot of good reviews for whey protein. If anyone has a similar problem, info that would help me out and can recommend some products that are beneficial to boost and maintain weight gain lmk. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 12:49 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagirlliizzii3 View Post

if i don't eat for more than 5 hours i lose 2-3 pounds
I'm always skeptical about super natural metabolism

@anyrate, that ensure stuff is absolutely junk. I personally, don't like drinking calories. If you want to add good calories? Add nuts, brown rice, avocados, EV olive oil to you're meals. A simple Google search should do the trick.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:07 PM

You have no idea what ive been doing to just keep some weight on but im telling you idk how but it just wont stick

This is my daily intake 5 days out of the week:
starting at 6am
bowl of cereal
ensure
oatmeal w/ fruits
pasta with 2 avocados, i make guac and add some stuff to that
fruit salad
mixed nuts or granola bar
ensure
whatever i can find in my fridge for dinner.
Ending at 10:30 pm

That only gave me 2 pounds...

I am so far beyond dedicated at this point to gain any bit of weight as long as it just sticks. My goal is to weigh 125 lbs.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:17 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Why do you "NEED" to gain weight? 5' 7" 115 lbs isnt a bad thing. Maybe you should be focused on just improving your fitness instead of gaining weight. The "NEED" to lose weight part came from a doctor's recommendation? Or, is this just something you think you may just want to do because of some other reason? I have a couple of friends who are exactly your height and weight and they are in incredible shape and look fantastially amazing. Both are in their 20s, and are pole fitness instructors for a major gym chain and they also happen to have many years' dancing background.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 03-05-2015 at 01:28 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 01:27 PM

I am too in my 20s and don't get me wrong i work out... here and there when i can, i have also a dancing and an athletic background but i am petite and i just want to be a bit fuller and even out.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Why don't you add up the number of calories you're eating? From what you posted, it's not very much. If you add 500 calories a day I imagine you'll gain weight fairly quickly.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:51 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Maybe you should see a nutritionist or a dietitian. You don't seem to be eating enough protein, based on what you say you eat.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:59 PM

6,460 posts, read 7,796,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Why don't you add up the number of calories you're eating? From what you posted, it's not very much. If you add 500 calories a day I imagine you'll gain weight fairly quickly.
+1. So many people who are trying to gain weight and think that they eat a lot really don't. It may seem that way but once you really count the calories, it doesn't add up to much.

Use an app like myfitnesspal or something and track your calories for a couple weeks. It may surprise you.

Best of luck

Old 03-05-2015, 02:05 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,381 times
Once you're fat you'll wish for the past when you couldn't gain weight.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:54 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times
Being naturally underweight is good, not bad. It makes people envious of you. It makes you more attractive to a lot of people. I can make you healthier and live longer. It lets you eat whatever you want without worrying about eating too much.

If you don't eat much because food disgusts you, that's a psychological problem. Try prime rib, cheesecake, eggnog, KFC, pizza, Subway sandwiches, and Wendy's Frosty. If none of those appeal to you, you might need to see a psychiatrist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness