Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:10 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I never said my opinion cant be questioned but I do think its silly to question my opinion when you have absolutely no idea of what steroids do to a person's body.

So, not only do you know that Ms. Williams in on steroids, you now know what I know and what I do not know.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 05:26 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
um, serena is a pro athlete

there is a high probability that she has a trainer and personal chef

plus her genetics

you think its impossible for her to be muscular???

Old 04-30-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
What I find interesting, or more to the point disturbing, is the singling out of Ms. Williams. If Ms. Williams is a "drug cheat" then surely others are as well. If that is the case, why is the is the discussion centered around Ms. Williams and not the pro-tennis circuit in general? I've posted pictures of other well built and muscular players on the pro-circuit and haven't heard a disparaging word to date.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:30 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
What I find interesting, or more to the point disturbing, is the singling out of Ms. Williams. If Ms. Williams is a "drug cheat" then surely others are as well. If that is the case, why is the is the discussion centered around Ms. Williams and not the pro-tennis circuit in general? I've posted pictures of other well built and muscular players on the pro-circuit and haven't heard a disparaging word to date.
I find it really disturbing that some posters love to point out the race card on this subject. The reason Ms. Williams is being scrutinized about her physique is because of all her championships she has won. No one cares about any athlete who never wins. That's the reason no one cares about Samantha Stosur. She has only 6 titles compared to Serena's 66. You can bet a lot of posters would call out Stosur if she had Serena's titles.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:32 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
Quote:

there is a high probability that she has a trainer and personal chef

plus her genetics

you think its impossible for her to be muscular???
So there should be more female tennis athletes with similar builds like Williams and Stosur playing.

Are there?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:

Quote:
What I find interesting, or more to the point disturbing, is the singling out of Ms. Williams.
I was going to type a response to the above poster and then I noticed how my response would be the opposite of what is being said in the second quote.

the funny thing about the first quote is that poser doesn't realize that being a pro athlete is an excellent indicator that someone IS using steroids (or some form of performance enhancing drugs). its not limited to serena, its common among all athletes. the whole fake mental notion that it doesn't count of you are on steroids, none of the players really believe that. the ignorant fans think that means something.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,447 times
Can't believe this STUPID thread is still. It's disgusting that a mod won't take this bullcrap down. Hello, mods? Is anyone home?

Old 05-01-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its common among all athletes. the whole fake mental notion that it doesn't count of you are on steroids, none of the players really believe that. the ignorant fans think that means something.
Lance Armstrong: After disqualifying Armstrong from the Tour Du France you'd have to reach down to the 6th place finisher to find a rider who hadn't been caught using performance enhancing drugs.

Major League Baseball: probably easier to find a player who didn't use banned substances.

Frankly, considering that gazzillion dollars spent on research, training and equipment why are drugs the outlier?

Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
That isn't true. When you posted pictures of the white tennis player (the blonde....I forget her name), I agreed that she was probably on the juice as well.

Serena is the most well-known muscular female tennis player. That's why she's the topic of this thread. Dozens of minor league and lesser-known baseball players have taken steroids, but it doesn't make it wrong for people to mainly talk about Barry Bonds.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:42 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Lance Armstrong: After disqualifying Armstrong from the Tour Du France you'd have to reach down to the 6th place finisher to find a rider who hadn't been caught using performance enhancing drugs.

Major League Baseball: probably easier to find a player who didn't use banned substances.

Frankly, considering that gazzillion dollars spent on research, training and equipment why are drugs the outlier?
the reality of training & equipment is that it is still limited by natural human potential and natural human movements. you can only improve a bench press so much. someone on steroids may say that it turns one day's workout into the equivalent of 100 days of working out. the truth is probably that even that is an understatement. once they use the steroid; they never stop. just talk to someone who ran a proper cycle and is willing to be honest about it.

that being said, someone could easily be on steroids on show no visible sign of being on them. people think they can tell by looking at someone because once they pass a certain point, they must be on steroids. well, the reality is that many people are on steroids and you could never tell by looking at them. unfortunately, a lot of those people are dummies that dont diet & train properly to get the full benefits. but even someone doing things right may not be so easy to see because of what they use, doses, diet & they may be between cycles or just cruising.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 05-01-2015 at 01:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness