Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:34 AM

1,136 posts, read 916,208 times

Advertisements

LolI have always called it, "that uncle look, fuscle or thick." Basically its the look of a man who obviously works out but isn't obsessed with his body. Very sexy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,881,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I guess that's why college girls are so much more desirable -- they care more about their looks and the guys' looks.

I don't think the average hot girl is going to be overly happy with a "dad bod," and why should she be? Hot girls can get hot guys. There's no reason to settle. And before anyone says looks aren't everything, nobody cares -- looks, personality, and intelligence are the big three (you could throw in something like "ambition" or "financial stability," I guess, if you want) and if you have all three, you want all three. I don't think a smart, fun, hot girl is going to want a smart, fun, out of shape guy. That's settling.
You are kidding, right? Go to NYC and see who models hang on. Rich , successful men who usually don't have weight lifter type bodies. Same with Hollywood and Silicon Valley. TRUTH.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,589,624 times
Yes, we all know that wealth can compensate for lack of attractiveness. I would still rather be BOTH rich and good looking, though!

Old 05-21-2015, 08:35 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,661,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebox View Post

Nothing at all wrong with the woman with tattoo's on her legs, she's got a nice body, if she really has kids then she is keeping it TIGHT!

Old 05-23-2015, 11:30 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,548,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It is kind of funny how the bar is continuously raised for women, but now it's a thing for guys to embrace being flabby and out of shape.
Oh shut up. (Feminazi detected)

Old 05-23-2015, 11:31 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,548,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It's true, most men and women at the gym are working towards the same goal:

The perfect female body!
Ho! I see what you did there.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:07 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,187,258 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Oh shut up. (Feminazi detected)

Old 05-27-2015, 12:20 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,280,298 times
Some women don't like the defined muscle look, especially in men over 30. When I work out a whole lot there are a few things that change that my wife doesn't care for:

-my neck gets thicker and my traps get more pronounced
-my arms and shoulders get more ripped. She says she likes the muscles but prefers a slightly softer feel.
-my forearm veins become more prominent (she just doesn't like it)
-my butt changes shape and gets harder

I'm 35 and I never let myself get too out of shape, as I still run sub 5 minute miles and the guys I lift with call me "Ox", but I don't worry about maintaining low body fat or isolating and defining individual muscles. My body fat is somewhere between 15% and 22% and my cardio is great. I could get a lot more ripped if I wanted to, but I just don't see the benefit of spending all of the time in the gym (or on the track) when I could spend it with my friends, family, and dogs.

I don't think that the "dad bod" thing is saying that women like fat slobs, just that some of the indicators of a peak level of fitness, to some women, aren't all that attractive. I know I feel the same way about women's looks, as I greatly prefer curves to a fitness model with a pronounced six pack and ripped arms.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:44 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,394,147 times
I have to admit as a new dad Im getting that dad bod :/ Its hard to understand until youre going through it. No sleep, work 9 hours, night classes, then come home to a screaming baby. It takes some serious dedication to keep working out, Im trying to harness the inspiration :/

Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,532,293 times
I am amazed that grown ups are seriously using a term some insecure 18 year old girl came up with. Maybe being broke will be in fashion soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness