Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 09:52 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
In all the locker rooms I've been in my entire life, there was only one instance where another guy seemed to take my nudity as "some kind of expression of homosexuality" - and that was late at night in one of the hotels on the strip in Vegas. I was sitting on my towel in the dry sauna in the spa and another guy around my age came in and sat across from me. He started a conversation- just small talk- then got up, walked over, removed his towel and sat next to me and started to fondle himself and asked me if I "wanted to have a little fun." I very politely asked him to stop what he was doing and told him I wasn't interested then got up and headed to the door. I guess he figured that because I was uncovered I was advertising something...

But HONESTLY? Nudity? Some kind of expression of homosexuality?
you dont really know that. nobody that has walked around the locker room naked is aware that i (and probably others) perceive their nudity as some expression of homosexuality. ive only seen one guy do anything which was to cough and say a derogatory word for homosexual.

its always odd when people deliberately manipulate words to help their position. i never said nudity was an expression of homosexuality. i said EXCESSIVE nudity appears to be an expression of homosexuality. i understand that when you shower in a gym and dry off, some nudity is fine. however, there is no need to walk around naked and sit on the bench naked for a while. it doesnt take that long to dry yourself off and change. once you take longer than is needed, you want other people to see your junk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 09:53 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
LOL. See what you have to look forward to!

You're getting more and more gay as you read this...you're more gay than you were yesterday, and you're even gayer now, and even more now, and tomorrow, you'll be even more gay!
so at 34 im probably somewhere around 7% gay. im sure the % increases more rapidly as time goes by.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:28 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Walking around nude doesn't have anything to do with ones sexuality/gender orientation or even sex, we all look, it's norm!

Old 06-10-2015, 02:30 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Always. Always.
Its ok. I'm pretty sure erections are supposed to be an "inside" thing anyways...lol

Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
For all of those who think the gays are the problem...this is from a gay site:
10 Do's And Don'ts Of Locker Room Etiquette

Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
I can only speak for my gym but ...

Brief nudity is not unexpected if someone is getting dressed, but nobody (and I mean nobody) ever stands at the sink naked while they shave, and brush their teeth

You would have been called out on that real quick at my gym.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:39 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I can only speak for my gym but ...

Brief nudity is not unexpected if someone is getting dressed, but nobody (and I mean nobody) ever stands at the sink naked while they shave, and brush their teeth

You would have been called out on that real quick at my gym.
I don't think I have ever shaved at the gym since I don't go early in the morning, and have rarely brushed my teeth in the locker room. I do see men at all hour shaving and brushing teeth while naked. They do tend to be older and overweight. I have never heard anyone say anything about it, and I have belonged to this particular gym for 20 years. If you called someone out on it, other guys would probably think you were weird.

I think people do what they normally do. I usually don't wrap a towel around myself at home, but I guess I probably would if I was shaving in the locker room.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:29 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I don't think I have ever shaved at the gym since I don't go early in the morning, and have rarely brushed my teeth in the locker room. I do see men at all hour shaving and brushing teeth while naked. They do tend to be older and overweight. I have never heard anyone say anything about it, and I have belonged to this particular gym for 20 years. If you called someone out on it, other guys would probably think you were weird.

I think people do what they normally do. I usually don't wrap a towel around myself at home, but I guess I probably would if I was shaving in the locker room.
It's the exact opposite at my gym. If you're the guy parading around naked you're the weirdo here.

That just goes to show how things are different all over though. He's shocked that somebody found it offensive where he lives, whereas I've always been told and read that's it proper gym etiquette to cover yourself up where applicable.

Personally, it's like I'm wearing blinders in the locker room anyway. I do what I gotta do, and get the hell out of there so I don't really care what people do.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:02 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
The Mr. dragged me to his gym today, so (thinking of this thread) I took a stroll through the locker room. Only one naked chick.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The Mr. dragged me to his gym today, so (thinking of this thread) I took a stroll through the locker room. Only one naked chick.
I'll bet it was awkward for you when you realized everyone else had their clothes on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness