Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:29 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yikes.

Well, I've been going to the 24 across the street, so progress pics are taken at home.

However, I follow a lot of fitness people on Instagram, and they are constantly taking pics in the bathroom and pics and videos in the gym. In some of the videos recording their workouts, there are people in the background.

This one guy I follow is a Instagram/fitness celeb, and he'll workout shirtless, and take workout pics and videos in the gym. Either he goes at like 2:30 am or he (and some of the others that do this) must be "cool" with the staff at these 24's to get away with it.
I am sorry to be uninformed but isn't it against policy to workout shirtless in a public fitness facility? I do my exercises and fast walking at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 11:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I am sorry to be uninformed but isn't it against policy to workout shirtless in a public fitness facility? I do my exercises and fast walking at home.
My local Y has a sign that you must wear a shirt to play basketball. What ever happened to shirts and skins?

Old 07-10-2015, 02:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Hey, that's what I thought. But nope, when it's ab day, he's posting videos of him doing ab exercises on the pull up bar (love those exercises, btw) and posting post-workout pics, shirtless in front of a mirror in the gym.

He must be super cool with the staff to get away with that. I'm pretty sure the female employees don't care, at least.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:14 AM

287 posts, read 326,998 times
Working out without shirts is verboten at the gym I belong to. But then, there's the young woman I see at times who works out without a bra...

Old 07-27-2015, 12:07 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
It has nothing to do with being in the military in the 60's. In HS, we all had to take showers after phyed, boys and girls. Gang showers, no partitions, no shower curtains. Everyone got used to being naked in public, so no big deal. We even got to go skinny dipping in the pool after football practice and loved it. IMHO, if you can't be naked in front of your own sex, you have issues. Ever been in the delivery room with the wife giving birth? Say goodbye to modesty. How about a vasectomy?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:43 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,250,973 times
Say, "Oh I'm sorry .... didn't realize I'm in the ladies' locker room."

Old 07-28-2015, 12:50 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Just thrust your hips back and forth making your package swing back and forth and say woooo! woooo!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:09 PM

356 posts, read 365,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
Last year I finally joined a gym and have been working out there regularly- about three times a week before I head into the office in the morning. My routine is always the same- get out of bed, grab a quick bite to eat, throw on my gym clothes, pack up my work clothes and shaving kit, head off to the gym, work out for about an hour then shower, shave and get dressed. This morning something happened that has me sort of floored... So I shower, dry off, throw my towel around my neck and head over to the sinks to shave and brush my teeth then back to my locker to get dressed just like every other morning. Okay- so I am not a shy guy. I walk to the shower then from the shower to the sinks, stand in front of the sink then head back to my locker with my towel around my neck and not wrapped around my waist.

This morning, as I was packing up my gym bag and getting ready to leave this guy walks up to me and says "Excuse me, but I think it's extremely rude that you walk around the locker room uncovered. Could you please wrap your towel around your waist?" I just stood there for a second with my mouth hanging open, not quite sure what to say. I just said, "Uh- this is a men's locker room" and walked out the door. I've seen this same guy every morning in the locker room for the past couple months. This dude, I kid you not, puts on a bathing suit before he heads into the showers- then he dries off in front of his locker, leaving a big puddle on the floor. He wraps his towel around his waist to take off his bathing suit and put on his underwear. Looks like he's in his mid-40's...

So am I being "rude" walking around the locker room with my junk showing? I see other guys doing it- not very many and it's mostly the 60+ crowd doing it.
Yeah the last thing I want to see is a 70 year old dude bare arse talking to another dude. Cover up respect the other people that find you gross!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:31 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Pochucodeoro.

No reason to run from some old man's bare butt. Some young butts don't look so hot either. Plus, some day, you'll have one of those old butts yourself. Maybe you need to learn to accept people as they are.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:43 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Older generations of men went through military service where they had to strip naked at induction in a room full of 1000 other naked men, strip naked in a group shower room with 25 other men, bunk together, march together, etc. No privacy. I guess some of the younger generations are a bit more squeamish.
Huh? The country was in a huge war for decades on end? How large a proportion/percentage of young men would be in the military at a time?

I would think the school gym class shower unit would be much more relevant than the military shower/change room due to its ubiquity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness