Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:29 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,948,918 times

Advertisements

this is what I currently take:

Whey
Creatine
Vitamin C
Fish Oil
50/50 of Maltrodextrin and Dextrose for post workout recovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 02:39 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,375,620 times
I try and get all my vitamins from natural foods.

Only supplement that I use is protein, as chicken is just so expensive over here

Old 06-08-2015, 02:50 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,588,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I only take a vitamin B12 supplement. I notice a definite slump in my energy level if I run out. I started taking B12 after noticing that a woman that worked with me had more energy at 72 than I had at 40, and she said she took B12 shots. I think some of us, as others have mentioned, are deficient in this nutrient. And then there's proper rest (mental and physical), and eating nutritious foods, and staying hydrated.
I'm surprised by the number of people mentioning B12 because the only reason I have ever heard for using B12 or doing B12 shots (pretty extreme) is to increase your appetite. That's the primary purpose of B12 for body builders. My trainer once was trying to get me to do B12 shots so that it would massively stimulate my appetite and help with bulking up, but I wasn't willing to go to that level. I would imagine if you're supplementing with B12 you better be keeping a good diet journal or working out REALLY hard to burn off what you eat! lol.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 PM

10,271 posts, read 10,508,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I'm surprised by the number of people mentioning B12 because the only reason I have ever heard for using B12 or doing B12 shots (pretty extreme) is to increase your appetite. That's the primary purpose of B12 for body builders. My trainer once was trying to get me to do B12 shots so that it would massively stimulate my appetite and help with bulking up, but I wasn't willing to go to that level. I would imagine if you're supplementing with B12 you better be keeping a good diet journal or working out REALLY hard to burn off what you eat! lol.
Many of the weightloss centers provide B-12 shots. Many of their clients are convinced the shots increase their energy levels. There is no evidence of this. I doubt weightloss centers would give the shot if it increased people's appetites.

Many older people and vegetarians are deficient in B-12. Vitamin B12 is rare from plant sources, so vegetarians will be most likely to suffer from vitamin B12 deficiency. Some elderly people produce less stomach acid as they age thereby increasing their probability of B-12 deficiency.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:31 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,863,723 times
It is as much about not believing in many supplements its just that factors such as diet, sun, and blood
sampled deficiencies can often provide us whether or not any are needed. For example my blood work
showed a deficiency of vitamin D3.( I require 4000 -5000 IU's) . If I know I will be in a lot of sun on a given day I skip the supplement. My daughter has a iron absorption issue. Many tests show that poor absorp-tion has to do with a lack of boron, magnesium, and other essential catalysts before a given suplement is even effective! Calcium can build up in arteries with boron, mag or D (example). We use a spoonful of organic coconut oil to do "pulling" of toxins from our mouths/gums. We ocassionally swallow a spoonful of coconut oil as a antifungal as an immune booster. I have replaced supple-ments with a good variety of foods.

Last edited by openmike; 06-08-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 01:49 PM

277 posts, read 504,462 times
Silica. If you have nerve damage take it. It really works in repairing damage nerves and regulating the circulatory system.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:52 PM

277 posts, read 504,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Many of the weightloss centers provide B-12 shots. Many of their clients are convinced the shots increase their energy levels. There is no evidence of this. I doubt weightloss centers would give the shot if it increased people's appetites.

Many older people and vegetarians are deficient in B-12. Vitamin B12 is rare from plant sources, so vegetarians will be most likely to suffer from vitamin B12 deficiency. Some elderly people produce less stomach acid as they age thereby increasing their probability of B-12 deficiency.
Complementary vitamin B supplements do improve energy, help with weight loss, and increase appetite. I'm not sure about vitamin B-12 alone.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:08 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,565,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Like protein powder, soy powder, wey or anything like that you feel have given you positive results.

I been taking Organic Super Spectrim Advanced Nutrition Spirulina Powder daily &
Medicinal Mushroom Coffee with Ganoderma Lucidum, Apple Cider Vinegar(with the "mother") and Hemp seed for years and see & feel the results , I do my best to get all my daily needs through organic diet, healthy living ! 51 in great heath!

Link~~ Spirulina Powder

Last edited by WildCard~; 06-13-2015 at 02:21 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 02:15 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,565,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I believe in a few supplements, but opt not to take any; I get everything I need through my meals.

Same here~

Old 06-14-2015, 05:32 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,704,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
The Dark Enlightenment -- Those are really good curls! Good for you! I am only doing about that myself and I'm 32. I don't do bicep curls regularly anymore, I do a lot of pulley weights and then finish with lighter curls for reps, but I did some at 50 last time I worked out. It was tough!!
Thanks. I got 11 reps today... will try some at 55 pounds next time. I'm amazed at how much the creatine is helping. I've made more progress in the last two months than in the previous two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness